WOW never seen this before.

i've had this once in 09 where as hull, milan were offering jankulovski for £0, but i couldnt afford to pay all his wages, so milan are paying £10k of his salary for the next 2 years :)

if as the selling club, i need the funds, then i'll bite the bullet and agree to it.

i get this a lot. i tell them a well known word begining with "F"
"Football"?

I've only had this come up once, but I don't imagine I'd reject every time. If there's someone costing me £100k a week that is surplus to requirements, and I get a very good offer but he'd only move if I pay, say, £10k a week for a season or two, I'd probably quite happily do it. Better to pay £10k a week for a couple of seasons rather than paying £100k a week until his contract runs out because he won't bugger off with reduced wages.

I've had this a few times since FM07 however it only appears to occur when I'm the selling club. I've never had a player join me in such circumstances, they just turn down the deal or accept a higher wage at a lower rep/smaller club club.

Have SI made this feature too one sided?

Had it four or five times, most notable one was Hossam Ghaly who wanted me to pay practically all his wage. I agreed because I wanted the little Sh**e out of my club, but when I looked at his wages at his new club (some champo team) They were paying him more than he got here! I was irritated, to say the least.

I've had this a few times since FM07 however it only appears to occur when I'm the selling club. I've never had a player join me in such circumstances, they just turn down the deal or accept a higher wage at a lower rep/smaller club club.

Have SI made this feature too one sided?

But as the buying club we would not know would we? We make the offer of whatever and he goes back to selling club and asks for top up - then we get the yes or no.

Archived