Will i seriously lose my job?

I'm playing as Liverpool and in february 2010 i got a message saying that a consortium was interested in buying Liverpool . Then in late March i got a message saying that frank rijkaard will be named as the new manager if the takeover goes ahead. Even though i've done well for my club will i seriously lose my job over this? I really don't want to start again.

Thanks for replying, i was really worried that i would just be sacked on the spot but at least i'll get the chance to stay on but just in case they do sack me i'll add manger leave clauses to all the good players contracts so they can leave for next to nothing and the club will be ruined.

Not sure that the expenses you'll incur in sign-on fees when offering new contracts will help you keep your job, and besides, I can't imagine any of them will leave for manager jobs before they'd be leaving for free anyway.

Could always give release fees of 0, but what happens when you keep your job? :)

It's a bit 50/50 on this.... When you perform well with Liverpool you could keep the job, but at a downfall you could easily get the sack (happened to me at Racing Club). The other option is that you get the sack immediatly and the final option is that you stay in place and nothing happens.... Its hard to predict whats going to happen. Al these things happened to me once so prepare yourself for the worst

Happened to me at Fulham, got bought out by a Bulgarian tycoon in the third season, and Hristo Stoichkov was lined up. Wasn't doing too badly in the league and when it finally got completed they said they would give me a chance.

Next game I promptly got smashed 4-0 by Villa, needless to say I was given my p45 the very next day.

What can you learn from this? Don't get beaten soundly in the first game of a new tycoon's reign at a club! He gave him millions to spend too, was gutted! Haven't liked Stoichkov in real life ever since

first option: look somwhere else

second option: if you really dont want to be another team, then just re-add yourself. Might be unethical but its your game and if you want to then do it.

third option: Start again...but honestly the same thing could well happen again next time.

Why do you have to start a new game? Just move elsewhere

I probably will keep the save but i started the game as a long term liverpool file where i intended to stay with liverpool for the entire save so esentially getting sacked would ruin it unless i added myself again. The only thing is my prior accomplishments would not be recognised.

The fact that you can be randomly sacked for no reason other than something in the game over which you have no control is stupid.

Thats exactly what i thought i mean i'm headed towards the end of the season and i'm in the champions league semi finals against inter, with 4 games to go in the premier league i'm on top with a 3 point lead and i'm in the fa cup semi final against tottenham. It really doesn't seem fair if i get the sack.

The fact that you can be randomly sacked for no reason other than something in the game over which you have no control is stupid.

I'm sure real life managers feel the same way when they're fired for stupid reasons.

Archived