How do you play your football manager games?

How do you Play the Football Manager Games  

270 members have voted

1. 1. How do you Play the Football Manager Games

Usually I play on highlights (extended) but I've been known to switch to just commentary for the ends of seasons (if I've won competitions). Also I've recently been playing as England for a bit of fun and decided to play with just commentary, still as fun as I remember.

Key highlights and 2D pitch

I use full match when trying to build tactics from scratch and on the fly but I never seem to get anywhere and end up unsure if I'm tinkering too much just based on the events of a single match or I just plain don't understand why I can't get the team to play like I want them to.

I play with highlights in competitive games, but with commentary in pre-season games, as I can't be bothered with pre-season friendlies.

I just leave them to my assman if i can't be bothered. Text commentary and FM just doesn't feel right to me, but I can go back to old CMs and happily play away :s

I just leave them to my assman if i can't be bothered. Text commentary and FM just doesn't feel right to me, but I can go back to old CMs and happily play away :s

I never used to get my assistant to manage them, but I do now. Why should he just get away with organising the games and sitting next to me in the dugout every week while I throw things around and scream at the players? He can roll up his sleeves and do some proper work. :)

Full matches for difficult games, extended or key, sometimes even commentary for bankers. But if I'm playing new players or I'm not doing as well as expected then I'll switch to full view. I only watch in 2D too, the 3D engine makes it seem as though your players are worse than they actually are, in my view.

I don't know how people can effectively tweak their settings using anything other than full, to be honest.

Key highlights when I'm on an extended run of winning games. Once it looks like the momentum is slowing and I start conceding sloppy goals or I lose a couple of matches then I'll switch to Extended to try and get a better view of where my team and tactics are going wrong.

I started playing highlights, I was winning much easier cause I could see how to exploit various things in the match engine like closing down at all times cause i noticed players lost the ball easily when closed down, so i went back to commentary only. plus, the match engine doesnt run anything like a real football match at all, it looks terrible and it put me off.. plus the fact it made the game 10 x slower

Full matches for difficult games, extended or key, sometimes even commentary for bankers. But if I'm playing new players or I'm not doing as well as expected then I'll switch to full view. I only watch in 2D too, the 3D engine makes it seem as though your players are worse than they actually are, in my view.

I don't know how people can effectively tweak their settings using anything other than full, to be honest.

I only watch in 2D Classic and much prefer it with my little modification. 3D's lack of animation just leaves me scratching my head.

I used to play full match, but then decided this took way too long and i had schoolwork to do, so switched to extended highlights. If it didn't show people getting booked it would be even better, but I can;t complain too much. I still feel that you get a decent feel for how your team is playing in extended highlights

Generally either watch match in full commentary to check out my tactics, fairly rare, or let assistant handle game, 90% of the time. In FM08 I'd usually watch games in highlight mode but that's far too frustrating with the FM09 match engine

Archived