Harshest Sacking?

While waiting to start my new game with the new patch (I know it does make that much difference but if players are allow supersitions then so am I!) I returned to an old save.

I had been St Albans and done well (2 promotions, BSP winners, FAT winners and r/up) then recently relegated to L1 Sheff United came calling! This is where we pick up the game.

Doing badly in L1 after 9 games, I took them to the promotion zone but then went on a 10 game bad run 5D & 5L (inc last 3 losses in a row) all these games were 0-1's or 0-0's so found myself 12 points of the lead and 4 points outside the playoff spots with 13 games to go.

This poor form was directly related to my 2 main strikers being injured as well as my lunatic CB being banned for 5 games. All due back the next match.

I was sacked..................... oh and they won the next match 5-1

Now I know not scoring for 10 games is not exactly brilliant but the prior 14 had been great form with big wins and only 7 points dropped (11W 2D 1L.

Harsh I felt!

Not many managers would survive 10 games without a win tbh

You obviously sit on that board! lol

Yes the 10 games alone looks awful. But overall it was p24 w11 d7 l7 for a team on a downward spiral anyway AND 3 key players missing most/all those games!

I don't care, never liked it up North anyway!

You obviously sit on that board! lol

Yes the 10 games alone looks awful. But overall it was p24 w11 d7 l7 for a team on a downward spiral anyway AND 3 key players missing most/all those games!

I don't care, never liked it up North anyway!

I appreciate there were injuries to key players, but most chairmen look at results, regardless of the reason. Some managers irl might get a stay of execution if they have done well in the past, but 10 games is a lot to go without winning.

Was your contract due to expire? or had you upset the board with constant requests? Basically, was the sacking based purely on results, or may there have been other motives on top of that? That might help explain why your previous success was largely ignored.

i got sacked in fm 07 with sydney fc even though i won the pre-season cup and finished 4th in the league out of eight teams. For thos of you that don't know much about the a-league the top 4 teams then qualify for the playoff matches to make the grand final and even though i narrowly missed out on the grand final i was sacked.

P.S. the club's balance even went from 2 million pounds at the start of the season to 8 million pounds at the end.

I got sacked on FM07 by Arsenal for fining every player in the squad 2 weeks wages for poor performance. :o

haha that made me laugh!

Manager "You're fined 2 weeks wages for playing rubbish."

Player 1 "Whatever."

Player 2 "Whatever."

Player 3 "Whatever."

Player 4 "Whatever."

Repeat 22 times

Board "Manager, you're sacked for displaying no man-management skills whatsoever."

Manager "Bugger."

it's very harsh' date=' but i guess your time was up. i wonder if they would ever take you back[/quote']

This was in the unpatched FM09.

Started a game as AFC Bournemouth, my team. Other than Luton (who start on -30), it's the hardest job in the English Football League. You have no money, no decent players, and you start on -17 points. Board asked my to fight hard against relegation.

We stayed up on the final day of the season by 1 point.

They promptly sacked me.

This was in the unpatched FM09.

Started a game as AFC Bournemouth, my team. Other than Luton (who start on -30), it's the hardest job in the English Football League. You have no money, no decent players, and you start on -17 points. Board asked my to fight hard against relegation.

We stayed up on the final day of the season by 1 point.

They promptly sacked me.

THAT IS HARSH!!!! (I'm assuming you didn't raise expectation at the start to get more money of course, and completely fail in the cups)

Got sacked from Vitoria Setubal in Portugal after 7 games and only 1 win, 3 drawns and 3 defeats, to my defence i did have almost 1/3 of the first picks team injured and all my 3 senior gk injured.

It was a shame cos my replacement lost the next 5 games, and still is on the club.

i hate it when you raise the expectation levels at the club (i.e. take the club into europe and consistently achieve that every season) and they are so ungrateful when you have one off season that they sack you, completely forgetting that you got them there in the first place.

Ive had two harsh sackings, in 08 i was sacked from newcastle. i was 8th (predicted 9th i think). we had lost the last 3 games however. the main problem was that we had 3 or 4 players on ACN duties plus 5 or 6 injuries and 2 or 3 suspensions. i think i have a screenie somewhere on my computer, if i can find it ill post it up.

the second was on 09, with arsenal. i finished 3rd in the league and lost in the semis of the league and fa cup, and in the quarters of the CL. a little harsh i think

In 08, I was fired for finishing 2nd for the 3rd time in my 10 year Arsenal campaign. Yes, 7 1st plces, 3 2nds, a few champions leagues, and they refused to renew my contract.

I was on stupid money though. I'm convinced the high wages ****ed me.

In fm06 i had a carrer with rangers. I had won the league 7 years in a row. Won the champions league two years before the sacking and the uefa cup the year before. About 18 games into my season i was 9 points behind celtic with 3 games in hand. The board sacked me saying that a new manager would bring a fresh approach to the club! I was not best pleased. Got the Newcastle job and won the league in my first full season. Was looking like 2 on the trot when fm07 came out and i started playing it.

well i believe it was very harsh as i in every game ive played parma have never got promoted, i got them promoted in the first season put them in a gud financial position, and finished 10th in second season well above expectations second season once again i choose to avoid relagation cos i was afraid of the "second season syndrome" was 10th and went on a bad run towards the end of the second season and still avoided relegation board sacked me just said they have decided to bring in a new manager despite the fact i made them millions and could have sold the team and bought a new one but decided to keep them i.e offered 20m for Jankovic, 10m pegolo, Lewandowski 20m, Mata 20mil, etc etc and NO THANKS at all silly manager

Managing Grimsby Town in League 2, sitting 6th in the League near Christmas when my Chairman tells me there is a consortium of business men looking to take over the club and inject new money into it. Great I thought, at last I can buy some decent players.

A few weeks later I am informed that the new owners will be appointing a new manager, and that my services will no longer be required!

FM08 - Got sacked by QPR after 7 games of the first season for "poor results" altho I was 11th and was aiming for a mid-table finish.

Edit -

Currently in FM09, Scolari and Carlo Ancelotti have been sacked by Chelsea and they came to me, took them from 7th to 3rd in the prem within 14 games and won the UEFA cup and Roman thinks "I should be performing better" I guess its kinda realistic since Guus Hiddink may get sacked for doing good things in real life :D

Archived