Why does FM09 become cripplingy slow the more you get into it?

Any reason why? I understand it has to record history but i don't see why that should make the game 10 x slower than it is when youf irst start it. I'm on a file in 2012 and its just unplayable now because its so slow and its ruined a great game I was having :(

See here.

Not everyone experiences this. I personally have developed the unconfirmed theory the above verified bug has something to do with a couple countries that have winter off-seasons, like Norway or Sweden. If you don't have those countries loaded, or just have a few countries overall, the slowdown is negligable. Most of us that have experienced this problem have had over 20 countries loaded...

My PC si three years old, a single-core hyperthreader. It pretends to be a dual-core at 3.4 Mhz. So it's not the best machine, either. I play with over 60 countries and over 30 leagues, with all players loaded from about 15 countries. My continues average 1-15 minutes each, except for Dec-Feb. Then, they are 25-60 minutes each. It can literally take me 6-7 hours to play a week in Janruary after 2011. But, as the above-linked thread says, the new patch fixes it, to a degree. My uploaded savegames take 1/3rd the time to play now (or so I'm told).

So. I await, like everyone else, the chance to play the new patch.

Any reason why? I understand it has to record history but i don't see why that should make the game 10 x slower than it is when youf irst start it. I'm on a file in 2012 and its just unplayable now because its so slow and its ruined a great game I was having :(

Seems a stupid question, it's a bit obvious dont you think??

The more you get into the game the more data etc with thousands of players history and other stuff. The game will not stay the same speed the more you get in to it which is obvious.

Seems a stupid question, it's a bit obvious dont you think??

The more you get into the game the more data etc with thousands of players history and other stuff. The game will not stay the same speed the more you get in to it which is obvious.

You're not understanding. The game has a bug that slows processing down beyond what one would expect from the normal advancement of years, for some people.

If you read the thread I linked, SI wrote this one off quickly, at first, saying the same thing. But several of us persisted, uploaded rather large savegames, and got it fixed. So we're told. The patch will tell....

Archived