This is what happens when you get relegated from the Premiership...

I think I just found a screenie that shows the very real effect of getting relegated from the Premiership.

Have a read of the text and note Everton's drop in places.

Seems odd to me that it's just relegation that has dropped them that far. Looking at their information screen they are still worth £51m. They do have a loan debt of £42m, but I don't know how that fits in to their value.

They're gonna need a lift this next season as all their best players off on frees. The rest are a bit miffed that everton are a Championship club.

Relegation from the Premier League means a huge loss in revenue from television. However, you are supposed to get parachute payments from... someone. Can't remember if it's the Premier League or the Football League or the FA.

That happens to me no matter what I do with Rosenborg.

Won everything I could, (the double) had a profit of £20M which I was proud of, and signed players for free mostly.

Following report:

Rosenborg has dropped from 58th to 86th in rich-list, Rosenborg has dropped from 72th to 82nd in club status.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to keep my players, I win everything. I have 82% win percentage over 2 seasons for crying out loud, I make lots of money, sign free players, sell players for a relatively high ammount, and still I keep dropping, it's unfair! I lose players left and right, mostly because they refuse to resign contracts, and as thus clubs aren't stupid enough to offer me any money for them.

Lost two £4m for free... Boy was I ****ed, what ****ed me off even more was when they said they were "sad to leave the club"......

Sorry, got a little overboard there... but yeah... losing money when relegated isn't unusual.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to keep my players, I win everything. I have 82% win percentage over 2 seasons for crying out loud, I make lots of money, sign free players, sell players for a relatively high ammount, and still I keep dropping, it's unfair! I lose players left and right, mostly because they refuse to resign contracts, and as thus clubs aren't stupid enough to offer me any money for them.

Yeah I was in that situation at Koper. I had taken the club as far as I could and my players knew that. You have to realise you are not going to do much better than league and cup wins with teams like Rosenborg. You may get a good run in the continental competitions, but at the end of the day it's going to come down to 'luck of the draw'.

That is why I left Koper. I had a lot of fun managing them but I had to move on to win more.

Can you wrench yourself away?

As for players running out of contract and not wanting to re-sign, well you may have to bite the bullet and sell them earlier. I feel a bit bad because I left Koper with some of their best players out of contract, but I do know that is a situation they will always face.

As for rich lists, I was never one it at Koper. Might have gotten there if I'd stayed because, despite losing the best players on frees, I was actually well within my means financially.

If Everton made it to 28th richest they must of been in a European Competition of some sort that season, just being in the EPL only normally gets you to around 50th at best. That'd be a massive drop in revenue along with being relegated, parachute payments, if they are in the game, are about £9m a year so your income is dropping by at least £20m a season probably more like £30m-35m depending on the size of the club.

If you think about it, it is pretty impressive that Everton are still on the Rich list after being relegated.

I lose players left and right, mostly because they refuse to resign contracts, and as thus clubs aren't stupid enough to offer me any money for them.

Lost two £4m for free... Boy was I ****ed, what ****ed me off even more was when they said they were "sad to leave the club"......

With one year left on their contract you need to either extend it or sell them unless it's a player you're not bothered about.

Yeah I was in that situation at Koper. I had taken the club as far as I could and my players knew that. You have to realise you are not going to do much better than league and cup wins with teams like Rosenborg. You may get a good run in the continental competitions, but at the end of the day it's going to come down to 'luck of the draw'.

That is why I left Koper. I had a lot of fun managing them but I had to move on to win more.

Can you wrench yourself away?

As for players running out of contract and not wanting to re-sign, well you may have to bite the bullet and sell them earlier. I feel a bit bad because I left Koper with some of their best players out of contract, but I do know that is a situation they will always face.

As for rich lists, I was never one it at Koper. Might have gotten there if I'd stayed because, despite losing the best players on frees, I was actually well within my means financially.

That's the thing, I've not had the chance to play in the CL yet, now that I am I'm in the group stages and won my two first matches.

Despite that I still drop quite regulary. The only thing that's keeping me sane is that I'm able to snoop around in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia and Uruguay's national teams and find young gems and get them to the club.

As for financially I find myself doing well, with budgets reaching £12-15m a season (which is insanely high for a Norwegian club) but I still drop in the rankings, which just annoy me.... it reduces the reputation of my club significantly...

As for leaving, I would if I could find a suitable club. Atm my reputation is still National, so I'm betting once I prove myself in Europe they might see me in a different light. I've got the squad to challenge the third tier teams, and I cruised through the qualification round.

With one year left on their contract you need to either extend it or sell them unless it's a player you're not bothered about.

Point is they say "Willing to discuss on a later time" and then they say "commited to staying with the club" they don't want to sign though. As I didn't know that I lost Fredrik Ljunberg, my goalie (Rune Allmenig Jarstein), my highest rated youngster (Traore) and my playmaker (Marek Sapara) for nothing at all. But as has been indicated I should just bite the bullet and sell them off cheaper than I would like...

I realise I probably should have had an eye on their contracts, but I quite frankly thought they'd stay around when I got into the European group stages. Why on earth go to Fullham when you can play regulary in the CL?

It's just a little annoying that's all.... Sorry if I'm ranting, feels a bit annoying at times.

Thanks for listening/reading :)

I realise I probably should have had an eye on their contracts, but I quite frankly thought they'd stay around when I got into the European group stages. Why on earth go to Fullham when you can play regulary in the CL?

That is what is happening now in IRL football, players from clubs who realisitically can get to knockout stages of CL will go to useless (about 14 of the 20) Premiership clubs for the extra £20k per week and senseles page 3 girlfriend.

This will probably change over the next few years as the UK is "uniquely placed" to weather the crash!

Teams that are promoted then relegated fair far, far better than teams that are already there then relegated. Hell, even Hull, Stoke & WBA suffer if they are relegated back to the championship during the first season because they all have wage bills too large to be supported in the championship even on parachute payments.

The bigger the team that goes down usually the worse it is for them.

As for players moving to the premiership for more money, time and time again, 2-4 years on 20k extra a week until you move on is a lot of money, I'm a stoke fan, and when we signed Beattie; Strachan had a bit of a moan about how Celtic couldn't compete with Stoke in terms of wages being offered - 4 goals + 1 assist in 5 games and I'm glad they can't, they can keep their CL football for now lol.

That happens to me no matter what I do with Rosenborg.

Won everything I could, (the double) had a profit of £20M which I was proud of, and signed players for free mostly.

Following report:

Rosenborg has dropped from 58th to 86th in rich-list, Rosenborg has dropped from 72th to 82nd in club status.

Sorry, got a little overboard there... but yeah... losing money when relegated isn't unusual.

This excellent thread kind of explains why this is happening to you:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=56377&highlight=Reputation

So, yes, you 'll have to try harder to guess who is leaving soon. I have similar problems managing Panathinaikos, that stop me (until now) from getting to the CL final, because I keep having to sell my best players, although doing very well every year. I 'll have to make it with subpar players, I am on my fourth try (season) now.

As a rule of thumb, if your important players have not signed a new contract 1 year before their current one runs out, sell them and buy someone else. If you sign them for long contracts, this will still leave you a few years to use them.

Right now, I have an excellent squad (for my standards- lots of solid players from academy plus a few great foreigners) but I just know that my killer striker and my best winger are bound to leave in two years (contracts ending in three years). So, this team is going to have to make it this year or next year, because it is going to look nothing like this in two years time.

Archived