Champions League 1rst round and quarter finals draw

This is one thing that I've never seen mentioned, although it is bugging me a bit, since I love watching the draws live.

In the Champions League (sorry, European Cup), the quarter final and semi final draw is not shown (you cannot view it as it happens); on top of that, this should be done at the same time, like IRL (this is shown in tv every year, and both draws are done at the same time), but this is not the case.

You could argue that, despite not being shown, the quarter final and semi final draws are done at the same time (if you got to the competition screen you can see the competition tree, with all rounds up to the final), but last night I noticed that this is not the case.

I played the quarter final and in the tree it was shown that I would have played either Chelsea or Fulham (lol, it's 2017) in the semis, but the Friday after the quarter finals, I was surprised when I was drawn with Stuttgart (and thankfully I avoided Arsenal).

This is not a moan, I love the game and I know this his only a minor thing, but again, I love the thrill to watch the cup draws as they happening, so it's a bit of a shame that I can't watch the one that most count in the biggest European competition.

Your thought?

When I was managing Roma, I remember watching the draws you're talking about, because there was a bug where group winners were mistakenly getting drawn home first instead of away. So I know it's possible to view those draws.

Correction: You are right Mike, you can watch the 1st round draw (I remember this), but definitely not the quarter final / semi final. can anybody confirm this? Or it's me that is going completely mad?

Thats right, you see the group stages draw and the 1st knockout round draw (2nd Round).

But you don't get to see the Q-Final and Semi-Final draws, you just get told about them in the news.

The quarter-finals and semi-finals are (I think) automatically drawn alongside the first knockout round, as in real life. But it does seem that you can't watch them, which is a shame.

Irl the quarters and semis arent drawn alongside the first knockout round, its drawn on a seperate date (maybe im misunderstanding you though), otherwise we'd already know who United are set to play after we beat Inter Milan;)

Irl the quarters and semis arent drawn alongside the first knockout round, its drawn on a seperate date (maybe im misunderstanding you though), otherwise we'd already know who United are set to play after we beat Inter Milan;)

Nah, you weren't misunderstanding me. I was just wrong. The draws for the quarters and the semis are made at the same time, but that comes after the first knockout round as you say.

Archived