playing '09 without a patch

hi all,

i'm a bit late picking up my copy this year, but i'm getting it today. i'm on mobile broadband and it can be tediously slow sometimes. i dont reckon i'll be able to download the patch.

as i'm playing the premiership with the belgian leagues the only other ones activated will the game still be thoiroughly playable? i mean, will i notice a lot of annoying bugs or not?

i'm gonna have to play it straight out of the box and be done with it i'm hoping it will still be enjoyable and i dont notice anything annoying.

all opinions most welcome

neil

Guise can I go on facebook without the internets?

Can you explain yourself? What has facebook got to do with the OPs question.

As for the OPs question, well I'd say that you would really be doing yourself a favour by getting the 9.2.0 patch at least. It really was a solid patch from SI (despite what you may see on these forums)

You may be able to find the patch on a PC games mag's disk. PC Zone usually has patches on their disk. Either that of find somewhere to download it, put it on disk and then transfer it to your PC.

Just found the PC Zone disk for March 2009 (don't ask me why it's March seeing as I bought it in January??) and it has a Football Manager 2009 patch on it. The new PC Zone came out yesterday so you may be out of luck getting the March issue though. Try another mag or find a friend that has it.

thanks. i didnt know magazines did patches that's interesting. i'll pop down to wh smith now see if i can get a copy.

injury wise i can always set my key players to injury-proneness 1 to compensate i guess.

i really want to play the game but downloading the patch is becoming a nightmare

thanks for all your input

thanks. i didnt know magazines did patches that's interesting. i'll pop down to wh smith now see if i can get a copy.

They'll often put them on their free disks for those without the ability to download them easy, or at all.

yeah, looks like i just missed out on that but my brother tells me he'll sort it and send a cd. shame it's gotta come alll the way from spain but at least i can have a trial game or 6 first without the patch to get used to the new features. anyway, i'll need to spend some time with the data editor first:)

Without a patch, the game is totally unplayable in my opinion. Injury after injury after injury. Impossible to enjoy it. After 9.1.0 it was an improvement, but you really need to get 9.2.0. Or you could just wait for the final patch. But it's barely worth attempting to play it without any of the patches.

Archived