Why english leagues teams play till 4 times per week ?

grep

It does happen, teams often have 3 or 4 games in the week after christmas. Man Utd have something like 5/6 games coming up in 13 or so days and Villa have the same, its hard but its part and parcel of real football. I can imagine at some points during the spanish season it gets just as bad with the winter break they have over there.

Yes it does happen.

It happens because the stupid FA decided to make the League Cup worth something, so now English teams in an already tiring and fast league play in two cups.

In addition, the FA Cup is more prestigious to English teams than the Coppa Italia or Copa Del Rey, so teams actually have a go at it.

And the fact that the FA Cup drags on and rather irritatingly inserts itself in convenient times between European games.

There is no winter break in England - if there was, there'd be no room to put it in!

I hate the league cup. Knackering, injury-inducing 120-minute away ties in poor conditions really don't help matters, especially when you can end up losing on penalties anyway. I've only played as Arsenal so far, but I keep stupidly putting first-team players out. I think I might do what Wenger does and just see if my youngsters can get through it from now on.

Archived