Okay, I may be stupid but...what is the difference bewteen.

There's about 32 bits of difference :)

If it doesn't explicity say 64 it'll just be normal 32bit Vista. There's minimal difference between the two if any when playing games like FM.

What about general day-to-day use? What are the advantages/disadantages of 64?

Why don't search on google or something like that? It only takes 5-10 seconds... 64 bit machines offer a lot of new features unavailable to 32bit users but if you use your computer for only playing video games and internet surfing you should be fine with a 32bit system for now...

Why don't search on google or something like that? It only takes 5-10 seconds... 64 bit machines offer a lot of new features unavailable to 32bit users but if you use your computer for only playing video games and internet surfing you should be fine with a 32bit system for now...

I have tried searching on Google but it can be difficult in getting specific examples that are relevant. Google can't answer everything unfortunately and a lot of people seem to think this is an acceptable answer to a question when they cannot help you (I am not refering to you here BTW! I was in Currys yesterday asking the difference between Microsoft Office Home and Student and Microsoft Office Enterprise - and the guy just said "Google it"! Why can't they just say they don't know.

Thanks for the link CP!

You have to learn to help yourself rather than always expect someone else to answer your questions!

Between Google and Wiki you can pretty much get some good info on anything in the world

A fair point but my intention is not to learn about Vista, only to know the fundamental difference and it's relevance to my day-to-day use of a PC.

And to acheive that, a forum such as this is eternally helpful! Everyone likes to share their knowledge!

You have to learn to help yourself rather than always expect someone else to answer your questions!

Between Google and Wiki you can pretty much get some good info on anything in the world

On a bad day though you'll be able to find out a dog has 9 legs and when it barks makes the sound of a ferrari at 200mph lol.

FM is 64 bit compatible as far as I'm aware so you shouldn't have too many problems there, and I think 64 bit has higher RAM capacties etc, although I don't think you can utilise that at this moment in time.

A fair point but my intention is not to learn about Vista, only to know the fundamental difference and it's relevance to my day-to-day use of a PC.

And to acheive that, a forum such as this is eternally helpful! Everyone likes to share their knowledge!

right forum maybe, wrong section though, as you state day-to-day use of a PC this is not FM09, should have tried OTF ;)

Archived