Exchanging a Player?

This is very underestimated, in reality exchanges are used all the time, player can go to another and anothr will go the opposite way for loan even, there needs to be many more transfer clauses in my opinion. Also i think you should be able to exchange players with money going both ways such as a newcastle player nd a wigan player in th january trnsfer window.

Tried it lot of times but never succeeded despiting my players were better or worse than others during the offer,younger or older etc

I think it works only if your player is valued 10 to 20 times the exchanged one. I think also is a kind of game procedure to prevent cheating but it has been tuned in an awful way IMO.

I don't think I have even tried a player exchange since game became Football Manager. Any time that I might want a player the other club either aren't interested in any of my players, or refuse to let any of the players at their club that I might be interested in leave. It's nice to have to option in the game, but I only deal in cash preferably up front in a brown paper bag ;).

Yes I've done it a few times. It's handy, when approaching another club with an offer to sign one of their players, to take note of the assistants advice regarding what type of player they may be willing to accept an exchange for.

My first choice GK was unhappy, so I did a straight swap with an AI team for an outfield player I really wanted because they were after a goalkeeper. When doing those sort of deals, it's always best to change their player status to not wanted by club also. Otherwise, they reject the contract.

It's probably not used as often IRL to be fair, since most deals in which you hear "X is going to team A for money + player Y" are really "X to team A for money + player Y to team B for less money".

If you want to know if it works, it definitely does. In the MLS, especially. ;)

Did you not read that player naming isn't allowed! Tut Tut!

FFS grow a pair. He has only mentioned that he exchanged two players. Never mentioned whether they were any good. If there is a problem with a post, report it and let a mod deal with it. You do not have the right to tell someone off.

WTF! Ive never heard such bullcrap! since when has "player naming" not been allowed? Its a game and if someone says i swapped emre for michael johnson it doesnt mean that is going to happen in everyones game if they try it! I once swapped Manucho at Man Utd for a young danish player...........cant remember his name.........unfortunately :(

I've swapped a stiker and money for a midfielder once. The team were interested in, and had the player on loan the previous season. So I just offered him + some money. They negotiated a bit, but the player was still exhanged eventually.

This is the only successfull time I've had with this, though.

Archived