Glasgow Rangers...

I've chosen Glasgow Rangers as my team, and they can't seem to string passes together, they give the opposition players too much space and time, gift them too many opportunities to score, and my attackers shoot from long range instead of taking the smarter passing option... sometimes the defenders just stand there, and let the opposition attackers take the ball of them and score... it's like they're not listening to me, they are not following my tactics.

I get thrashed like 6 - 0 by teams that are not as good as mine. The only way I score is by deflected goals, or penalties, or long-range shots by defenders... which just ain't right. I spent a lot of money on this game, and I'm gutted that it's stressing me out rather than making me happy...

I was so happy with Football Manager 2006, but this version doesn't seem right. I don't understand, is it the team I chose? The way I manage? The game itself (is it really supposed to be this challenging)?

I won't give up on this game... all I want is my team play well... even if it is Glasgow Rangers, and not Manchester City where it's so easy for Robinho to score.

I hope I've come to the right place... because I really need you guys to help out. Please.

thanks... really appreciate it, being welcomed and all!

I patched up to 9.2.0 before I started playing, since steam automatically updated the game for me.

Cheers for the threads though, hope they can be real beneficial for me!

thanks... really appreciate it, being welcomed and all!

I patched up to 9.2.0 before I started playing, since steam automatically updated the game for me.

Cheers for the threads though, hope they can be real beneficial for me!

No worries mate, hopefully you can find what you need and get winning :thup:

even if it is Glasgow Rangers, and not Manchester City where it's so easy for Robinho to score.

It is?! I'm considering selling him after half a season where hes got me a grand total of 6 goals in 20 starts. He seems to enjoy firing every shot where the keeper can easily parry and hes already moaning about moving to a bigger club despite me flying high in the league. Jo on the other hand has drilled in 21 in 26 starts :)

Anyway, more on topic it definitely sounds like the problem lies with your tactics as ftg87 has said. The games come a long way since '06 and tactics are much harder to create successfully imo

I've chosen Glasgow Rangers as my team, and they can't seem to string passes together, they give the opposition players too much space and time, gift them too many opportunities to score, and my attackers shoot from long range instead of taking the smarter passing option... sometimes the defenders just stand there, and let the opposition attackers take the ball of them and score.

don't worry Koki, Wattie has the same problem ;)

Ohh Hoki Koki Koki :D

Koki 29 is rangers? is this someone taking the ****?

I'm a Rangers fan. It's just that Koki Mizuno is my favourite Japanese player, and I hope he gets more first-team opportunities, especially if Nakamura leaves.

I'm getting much better results, winning a lot of games now, but like still not happy with the opposition slicing my defense open and keeping McGregor busy. Having said that, I'm 10 points behind Celtic, but still 2nd though.

I do apologise for labelling Rangers FC "Glasgow Rangers", and I'm surprised to see a few Rangers bashes on here. We do have the best defense in the SPL, and Kris Boyd >>>>>> Scott McDonald.

I'm a Rangers fan. It's just that Koki Mizuno is my favourite Japanese player, and I hope he gets more first-team opportunities, especially if Nakamura leaves.

I'm getting much better results, winning a lot of games now, but like still not happy with the opposition slicing my defense open and keeping McGregor busy. Having said that, I'm 10 points behind Celtic, but still 2nd though.

I do apologise for labelling Rangers FC "Glasgow Rangers", and I'm surprised to see a few Rangers bashes on here. We do have the best defense in the SPL, and Kris Boyd >>>>>> Scott McDonald.

Maybe try in the tactics forum matE? :thup:

yeah right some people need a reality check. Rangers are tonight top of the SPL, Last season they got to a final of a European Cup albeit the Uefa cup, so please people dont ridicule rangers, on topic now, when you start as rangers the team needs a lot of work. i got rid of 11 players in first months to raise money for new players, the likes of mcgregor, ferguson, novo all went bringing in almost 15 mil then i started to rebuild with loads of scottish players, so look at the team as wel;l as the tactics

Archived