Who is bringing non league clubs up without cheating?

Its allways good to see people doing this although many seem suspicious, whats the lowest rep team you have tried it with and where have you got?

I know there may be similar threads but not quite the same.

I have just got Marine promoted to League 2, theyre team you cant play unless they get promoted to the BSN.

Screenies would be good to look at

Write back thanks

Champ.jpg

How long, what year etc....

any interesting information...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Barnet haven't been relegated yet! And well done, I always se it as a good achievement when someone manages to get a low level team promoted up a few divisions. I can't really manage lower leagues on FM09, I can't manage to find the right tactics :(

Its allways good to see people doing this although many seem suspicious, whats the lowest rep team you have tried it with and where have you got?

I know there may be similar threads but not quite the same.

I have just got Marine promoted to League 2, theyre team you cant play unless they get promoted to the BSN.

Screenies would be good to look at

Write back thanks

How long, what year etc....

any interesting information...

Check out he Lower League Managers forum, you will find loads of people going through the grind of attempting to bring up a lower league club. Personally, I had played with Blyth and had got them into premiership in about 14 seasons.

yeah i no but i cant really post information their as i havent followed the rules i just thought maybe there are others who do it like me and not just for that challenge :)

Yeah, I do it the same. I dont like LLM house rules. For me FM is a game not something else so I play it like the game that is in front of me.

I stopped picking clubs from the absolute bottom though with FM08. Nowdays I rather start with a club from league 1 or 2. Because my head simply hurts when I have to work with so poor players as there are in non-league divisions. They are so bad it is very hard to spot which player is worse.

Usually takes me 3-5 seasons to get teams moving forward if they have no money or facilities. Sometimes you get lucky with the free transfers and you can advance your plan instantly a year or two just on the strength of one or two great signings but overall, I find it certainly takes time and luck. Took me three years of Championship football to get Leicester up; but only one for League 1. Every time you do go up, there is always a real strong chance of it all going wrong the next season. With modest backing I find I can gain 3-4 league places a season, which is good enough to keep your job usually .. of course I won the EPL 3 consecutive seasons with Utd after spending 86m in the first year. So its swings and round abouts.

I've just won the Serie B Championship with Manfredonia.

They start in the Italian Serie C2, went up first season through the playoffs to Serie C1, won promotion again through playoffs the following season to Serie B.

Then spent 3 seasons just avoiding relegation, 4th season in Serie B I finished 6th, therefore qualifying for playoffs where I lost in the semi-final. Season after I finish top of Serie B and now lowly Manfredonia in there 6000 seater stadium will be playing the likes of AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan and Roma next season :) (almost brings a tear to my eye the work i've done with them)

Currently plying my trade in Northern Ireland with Lurgan Celtic. Absolutely no money to spend and a wage budget of £750 (1st season) £3,500 (2nd season). Managed to win promotion from NI League 2 the 1st season, then a 7th place finish in NI League 1 the 2nd season. Currently in my 3rd season in NI League 1 and sitting pretty at the top. Job offers have just started coming in from Welsh league teams and BSN/BSS teams. A real tough challenge.

Domesticleagues.jpg

NI1stdiv.jpg

I've just won the Serie B Championship with Manfredonia.

They start in the Italian Serie C2, went up first season through the playoffs to Serie C1, won promotion again through playoffs the following season to Serie B.

Then spent 3 seasons just avoiding relegation, 4th season in Serie B I finished 6th, therefore qualifying for playoffs where I lost in the semi-final. Season after I finish top of Serie B and now lowly Manfredonia in there 6000 seater stadium will be playing the likes of AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan and Roma next season :) (almost brings a tear to my eye the work i've done with them)

This is what i aspire to, i'm Cassino who start off in the same league, took me 4 seasons to get to C1 and into my 2nd season there, looking good for serie B next year but you have done it a lot quicker! Good work! :thup:

This is what i aspire to, i'm Cassino who start off in the same league, took me 4 seasons to get to C1 and into my 2nd season there, looking good for serie B next year but you have done it a lot quicker! Good work! :thup:

Good luck buddy. Only downsides I have in the Italian leagues is there 1 Non-EU signing a season in Serie B and their playoff rule that they go by the higher league position goes through if scores are level after the 2 legs

I'm in 2019, with Farsley in the Premier League. It's been a terrible season in the league so far, currently 5th. That may not sound so bad, but considering how well I did last season (6th) with worse players, it's not too great. I also got to the League Cup final but lost 3-1 to Arsenal, and am about to play the UEFA Cup final against Atletico Madrid.

im league 1 with cambridge city, promoted through playoffs in my 1st season, took 4 years in BSP lost playoffs 1 year and just missed out in another, went up through the playoffs though. 1st season in league2 i won playoffs. Many of my current team have been with me for a long time now and handling the step up

I dont no how to quote people properly but:

My manager reputation to start was automatic as i want it to be fair to me and im not anything else so i shouldnt be set as an international.

As mentioned already in the thread dafuges challenge is differet rules.

Many of you have lost in the play offs, i would want to cry and smash my pc if that happend to me because it then takes another whole day of playing to get back to where you where.

I got Marine promoted at the first time of asking with my free tranfers, second season finished 5 points outside playoffs and this was my third season when i won bsp so 4th seaosn is league 2 but my players become arrogant they want big pay rises just for being in the league im thinking i might miss non league football where no-one moans much lol.

To the guy who said the second season may not be as easy as the first i said that but if you get it right you can do it, i messed with my squad to much but only just missed out.

The guy ashford if you done that without cheating then thats fantasitc thats the dream, let us know when you win the PL an europe etc.

I was braintree for one season before marine only got them to like 11th in BSS....

Question, 2 north and 2 south get promoted.... what happens if 3 south and 1 north gets relegated??

One team is moved from the south section to the north. Obviously the furthest north team from the previous section.

Why do so many get these takeovers grr i have never had one...., and about that notrth being moved how bad would that be if the difference for one club was like 100 miles....

Anyways just beat port vale in first ever round of league cup, board are playing down historic win apparently lol... dont we get paid for winning league cup matches? I loved getting paid for winning cup matches in non league it made a big difference!

If I Recall Correctly

I made a fictional team in BSS with no squad except "me", a multi-role midfielder with low CA and high PA. That's the extent of my cheating, except for using FMRTE to set pitch size the way I want it, within league and stadium limits. The game doesn't allow anywhere near all legal possibilities, and I believe it should.

When the game started in late June 08, I had to sign a staff and side and get them into match shape by the start of the season. I had no money for transfers, so every signing the first two years was a free transfer or a parent team loan.

It's 2014, and I'm 4 points out of 2nd in the Championship (4th place) with 2 matches left. I've never beaten Leeds, but my next match is away to them, and they are four points behind me in 5th. I lead the league in goals scored (92), goals from corners (11), am sixth in lowest goals conceded (48), have 46 yellow card and no reds for the season (9th and 1st).

Turns out "I" am really a decent-sized cheat. "I" am still on the team, the captian at age 20 (and USA U20 captian as well), and lead the league in averate rating (7.54) ("my" most common position is AMC, but "I" have about as many appearances as DMC, MC, and MR combined) and assists (19). Thing is, "my" contact expires next year, and "my" agent won't let "me" negotiate a new one. Yet. Hopefully, I can get promoted, and he will allow me to negotiate with "me", otherwise "I" will have to be sold before the August window closes, lest I lose "me" on a Bosman.....

Scotty thats a challenge i dont play it by those rules thats why i didnt post their it wouldnt be fair. I dont have attribute masking on and i use the player search screen makes things move a little faster :)

I thought you said without cheating. I didn't realise every manager in football can say that Team Bath's left back has a passing attribute of 8 when he's never seen him play, or in many cases even heard of him.

I thought you said without cheating. I didn't realise every manager in football can say that Team Bath's left back has a passing attribute of 8 when he's never seen him play, or in many cases even heard of him.

:rolleyes: Not even safe outside the LLM forum.

Personaly I use masking and only scout for players but each to their own eh?

I actually think he meant not cheating by downloading tactics or using the editor etc...

But everybody DOES know that Team Baths left back has a passing attribute of 8.......... or am is it just me?

Archived