Petition to reissue Patch 8.02

I'm sure SI has already got the idea that alot of people want 8.02 to be fixed up, but I wanted to do something more pronounced to show them how much we really want it.

This thread is not for ideas (they can already be found all over the forums) for the reissuing of the patch, but to show support for it.

So if you want the patch 8.02 to be fixed and reissued by SI, please show your support here.

I'm sure SI has already got the idea that alot of people want 8.02 to be fixed up, but I wanted to do something more pronounced to show them how much we really want it.

This thread is not for ideas (they can already be found all over the forums) for the reissuing of the patch, but to show support for it.

So if you want the patch 8.02 to be fixed and reissued by SI, please show your support here.

As much as i love the CM/FM games (having played the series of games since day one way back in 1992) and have the utmost respect for SI, i can't help but to feel that 8.0.2 really needs to fixed up and re-issued as soon as possible(especially the 'too many goals from corners issue').

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">These issues were missed by the test teams, internal and external before release, and were human errors. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but at least these workarounds are easily fixed by the user.

Update: we will keep an eye on the forums this weekend, with a view to re-issuing the patches next week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about this? It says "with a view to re-issuing". I'm saying to SI that I passionately want a reissued patch.

The problem is patch 8.02 is so buggy that it can become unplayable, for example the Turkish league problem. Yes, I know there's a workaround, but I'd rather SI come out with an official definitive version that is all fixed up, and implements suggestions from people on this forum (up to SI's discretion of course).

And as this topic suggests, this is a petition FOR the re-release patch 8.02. If you disagree with such a move, why don't you start your own thread suggesting that SI DON'T release a new patch.

I'm just trying to keep this thread as straight forward as possible, and that is to show support for a new patch.

I'm waiting for 8.0.2 Fix (from SI) too. icon_smile.gif

I know about workarounds, but it's not a same thing.

@Patch

Wherever you go

Whatever you do

I will be right here waiting for you

Whatever it takes

Or how my heart breaks

I will be right here waiting for you

icon_biggrin.gif

I agree re-issue the patch but with the following.

Match Engine from 8.0.1

The 8.0.2 Match engine is far to unrealistic.

I have a ball played down the wing all players stop look at the ball then the man who has passed the ball walks slowly to the ball as soon as he reaches the ball everyone wakes up.

SI why did you change the match engine now most of my games are 4-1 or 5-3 7-7 in the premiership.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markox:

I agree re-issue the patch but with the following.

Match Engine from 8.0.1

The 8.0.2 Match engine is far to unrealistic.

I have a ball played down the wing all players stop look at the ball then the man who has passed the ball walks slowly to the ball as soon as he reaches the ball everyone wakes up.

SI why did you change the match engine now most of my games are 4-1 or 5-3 7-7 in the premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No thanks. I don't wish to go back to watching my world class strikers shoot the ball directly at the keeper 30 times a match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markox:

SmurfDude

I agree about the 30 times a match thing but come on 7-7 man city vrs man utd.

Not very realistics all I am saying is that the results and matches under 8.0.1 were mutch better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say 8.0.1 was terrible, 8.0.2 is good enough to enjoy. Its a game, enjoy it!

If you can't enjoy it, don't play it. Very simple thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shiny223:

SmurfDude

I agree about the 30 times a match thing but come on 7-7 man city vrs man utd.

Not very realistics all I am saying is that the results and matches under 8.0.1 were mutch better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say 8.0.1 was terrible, 8.0.2 is good enough to enjoy. Its a game, enjoy it!

If you can't enjoy it, don't play it. Very simple thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its not. Keepers are horrid and just the shear number of goals scored is far far too unrealstic. SI if you want to be all about the community then listen to us and please fix the keepers and some of the other things that makes this game an arcade game rather then a realstic sim that its suppose to be.

Please reissue the patch so we can have a good time with it till FM 09.

I vote reissue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">corners 3 times every match that bugs me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is someone outside SI programer here? can he deal with this corner bug?

youve got my support icon14.gif

i dont think i will be able to pkay fm again until the 8.0.2 patch is re-issued , reasons for this are :

1. unrealstic amount of goals scored (especialy from corners)

2. defoe/diarra bugs

3.turkish finance bug

4. standard of grey teams

also the board confidence is a bit of a shambles , however this is not as much of an issue as the ones stated above , therefore i could live with it

I'll second that opinion Nick.

The ME on 8.02 is as good as I've seen (not noticed this corner issue)

As for the db issues for those that care SI have already published a work around or instead of using the 8.02 db when starting a new game simply select one of the previous db's.

TBH i'm usually right behind SI but i've went back to a previous patch for the first time ever. Most of the supposed bugs with 8.0.1 I could deal with and I never encountered registration issues or anything. I could live with the shots/gals ratio and I never set anyone to near post so never got the near post bug either.

I think my main disappointment was the lack of change to the confidence system and I just don't enjoy the matches anymore. So i'm back playing 8.0.1, but honestly I don't think an 8.0.3 will be released, or a rehashed 8.0.2.

My word....

in 8.01 people were complaining that they couldnt score.

now in 8.02 people are complaining that they score too many.

I had a game in the CL semis last night - im man utd against Barca - finished 7-3 to me.

Now, as a fan - would I rather watch a 1-0 or a 7-3???

People have to realise that its a realistic match engine, and so if you are going to play an attacking style (and some of the tactics I have downloaded have attack mentality set to +3 into attack, with players on forward runs), you are GOING to concede goals.

Setting your full backs to fwd runs - is GOING to leave space for opponents wingers/AMCs to get in behind you.

Its not a flaw conceding goals, you have to prepare for it (or revert to a more defensive mentality/instructions) when you have the lead....

Well done SI - and personally, I am please my CB can now score more from a corner (and the way I have set up my defend set pieces - I have yet to concede from a corner - so all of you who are conceding from corners...your instructions at def set pieces must be wrong!)

My biggest whinge on the ME for 8.0.1 was that all corners seemed to go along the goal line no matter what was selected in the tactics screen.

After patching to 8.0.2, in my first match I had conceded two goals from corners in 8 minutes! However, I do not think this is a bug as it has been a one off and I, for one, am very happy with the new match engine. (My players seem to have learnt to pass the ball!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Read the sticky threads about the patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i swear...you come across as a really unpleasant person. totally devoid of social skills.

there is one major flaw bigger then corner bug or anything alse in 802. it makes the game unplayble for me. it's how ME code reads data from the db. turns good players into avarage and vice versa, elano is just one of many. sometimes is so drastic it adds/takes off 2 points for each stat!! unbelieveble icon_rolleyes.gif

x Signed

The patch was issued which effectively BROKE the EPL system with the whole Defoe shebang. What if someone downloaded it who doesnt often come onto the internet (Say from a net café) and then didnt hear about the work arounds etc? Their game is then "broken" and they get really frustrated and do something unimaginable... they start playing CM instead icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:

x Signed

The patch was issued which effectively BROKE the EPL system with the whole Defoe shebang. What if someone downloaded it who doesnt often come onto the internet (Say from a net café) and then didnt hear about the work arounds etc? Their game is then "broken" and they get really frustrated and do something unimaginable... they start playing CM instead icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely common sense would rpevail and they would alter it in the editor as SI have suggested. It's hardly a major issue considering how easily it is dealt with and I would say most people just used the editor without having to be told by the internet or SI.

PS. I could live with Portsmouth being poor and Spurs being rich compared to having to play the steaming pile of cow dung that is CM.

Just to clarify I think the match Engine is fantastic for 8.0.2. Better flowing football and better passing and more realstic things that make the game so much better. Im really upset that my keepers never ever try and make a play on rocket shot from 25 yards plus. Its almost an automatic goal if there aren't defenders around and that makes the game unplayable for me.

People say its tactics but its not. Its a problem with the keepers not protecting the goal well enough. Also the fact that scores become 7-2 4-5 etc. almost on a regular basis not just for me but the A.I. as well is completely unrealistic. To me that is the biggest thing that is hurting my gameplay. I can deal with everything else but this one has to be the worst knowing that you go into a game expecting to either score 3 or concede 3. I haven't seen a 0-0 draw yet since the patch. Until something is done about the issues I have stated above the game will be unplayable for ME. If people like the way it is now well then keep playing it but I do hope they reissue the patch so that people that actually like to play a realistic game can do that and people who love a lot of goals can play the current version. I think the workarounds have done wonders and I thank SI for that but as I said before the problems I have stated above are just to much for me to play with. I mean when does Jamie O'Hara score 11 goals by the Jan. transfer window??? Crazy. He is playing at Left mid as well. lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">x Signed

The patch was issued which effectively BROKE the EPL system with the whole Defoe shebang. What if someone downloaded it who doesnt often come onto the internet (Say from a net café) and then didnt hear about the work arounds etc? Their game is then "broken" and they get really frustrated and do something unimaginable... they start playing CM instead </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone who has made the effort to get the patch in an internet cafe would have to be regurly checking the website in the first place, so I'm sure they would become aware of the work arounds the same way they became aware of the patch!

Its not that much of an effort to play the game as is except for of course the confidence bug but lets be honest it must be a huge section that won't see any changes till FM 2009

I still have no need for the new patch.

And if they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it - hassling is unlikely to make any difference, particularly as they'll want to test everything first.

As for too many goals, I've found that there were too many in 8.01 anyhow, although I'm guessing it's not as severe as it is with the new patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Read the sticky threads about the patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went through the sticky.... but couldnt find the information about it being reissued, can someone post the link here please?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robin_trott_hoof:

And if they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it - hassling is unlikely to make any difference, particularly as they'll want to test everything first.

As for too many goals, I've found that there were too many in 8.01 anyhow, although I'm guessing it's not as severe as it is with the new patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way worst in the new patch. In an A.I game Chelsea V Arsenal Peter Cech conceded 5 goals.... 5 for god sakes when has that ever happened when both teams were fielding there best teams. Final was 5-2 to Arsenal who were the home team. Not saying that its impossible but that same fixture week Man U beat Aston Villa 6-2 and I drew Fulham 4-4. I was up 4-1 and I took out Jenas and all hell broke loose. This never happens in the prem on a regular basis. Next week I beat B City 4-1. Its just not even fun like this. Everytime there is a highlight scene more often then not there is a goal off a screamer or some great cross into the box.

Sorry for all those that like the patch I like a lot of what SI did I just can't stand this problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazza:

As i have said previously i have not had the problems re corners or high scores.

Here is a screen shot re 8.02 patched results. They look average to me.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6219/scr12aff89hd8.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because, 1 round of fixtures is absolute proof. Great work :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazza:

As i have said previously i have not had the problems re corners or high scores.

Here is a screen shot re 8.02 patched results. They look average to me.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6219/scr12aff89hd8.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because, 1 round of fixtures is absolute proof. Great work :/

Sebsy: Because, 1 round of fixtures is absolute proof. Great work :/

I never said that was proof positive. All I was doing was highlighting a different set of scores. Some posts were saying that all their scores were high and that the patch was to blame.

I was showing that in my season with the 8.02 patch that was not the case. Nor did I say it was the final proof of any aspect of the patch whether it be good or bad.

They is no need to be so rude. At least I am highlighting evidence rather than just ranting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hauler24:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robin_trott_hoof:

As for too many goals, I've found that there were too many in 8.01 anyhow, although I'm guessing it's not as severe as it is with the new patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way worst in the new patch. In an A.I game Chelsea V Arsenal Peter Cech conceded 5 goals.... 5 for god sakes when has that ever happened when both teams were fielding there best teams. Final was 5-2 to Arsenal who were the home team. Not saying that its impossible but that same fixture week Man U beat Aston Villa 6-2 and I drew Fulham 4-4. I was up 4-1 and I took out Jenas and all hell broke loose. This never happens in the prem on a regular basis. Next week I beat B City 4-1. Its just not even fun like this. Everytime there is a highlight scene more often then not there is a goal off a screamer or some great cross into the box.

Sorry for all those that like the patch I like a lot of what SI did I just can't stand this problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I won 7-2 check the arsenal thread for a picture but its exploting a flaw in chelseas tactics nothing else. One man upfront and the CBs dont mark him so its relativly easy

there are way too many goals scored,,i hardly have a match with less than 5 goals and most matches ending like 5-4 4-3...

fm 2008 is a mess and i wont buy fm 2009 until i know its workin properly...worst FM version ever...some nice new features, but what a screwed up gameplay...

I've played a couple of seasons now with the new patch and think it's awesome. I certainly don't have an issue with too many goals, goals from corners etc. I've gone through spells where I struggled to score and spells when I've scored for fun. I've only seen one 'crazy' result in 2 years and that was a 5-5 game with my reserves....I think the match engine is awsome and I'm very happy!! icon14.gif

Archived