Lack of harmony amongst players

How do i fix this? The board were dismayed at first, but after a decent unbeaten run they arent so concerned. Is it just a matter of winning and making people happy? The overall morale of the players is superb for my starting XI, so im not sure whats happening

The morale can sometimes be a little deceptive IMO. Quite often, I have players that are unhappy for some reason or another, yet their morale is still "Superb"

I would start by going through your 1st team to see if anyone is actually unhappy, if they are, try to sort out whatever they want, ie give them a new contract or, worst case scenario, sell them.

If things still do not improve then, I would not worry too much about it. From what I have seen, this feature seems to be a little bugged, so unless it results in your sacking, it isn't too big a deal. Just keep winning things and the board won't really care

one first team player is "SLT" due to the lack of harmony, 3 on the bench are "UNH" only because they arent playing first team. My job is secure mainly because im doing so well in the league, so i guess its nothing to worry about yet, i guess if it costs me my job at least ive done well and should get another good job

This is the one thing worriyng me it nearly cost me the title, the borad are haooy with me but say they are monitoring the mood i got rid of the trouble causer but there are now a few other unhappy players thorugh lack of harmony but i need them... i need to resolve it...

another addition to this, despite being on a 4 game unbeaten run, winning 4-0 in all of the games, my press conference is asking me about is the lack of harmony a factor in my run of poor results? strange

Yeah they do that, nothing too much to worry about really. Just out of interest, are you on the latest patch?

yeh 9.0.2, unless number 9.0.3 is out? haha the numerous threads on the new patch :)

Careful, you'll get this thread closed with talk like that ;)

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you start to lose a lot of games, it isn't too much of a problem.

Dirty_ACE makes a good point, any unhappy players you can do without, you could just get rid of. Should help raise the dressing room atmosphere somewhat

Yep, I almost feel like the Tinkerer (remember him, EPL fans? Or watching his team now, Serie A fans) because I never have the same squad in every single match. I always change at least 3-4 players, even if the team is well rested with one week of rest. Yes, I do not know why but I like to tinker too much. Also, make sure you praise your players when they do play well in the Player Interaction area, compliment them in the post-match team talk if they win more than 3/4-0 against decent opponents at home/away, and if your harmony is terrible, 2-0 against rivals.

thanks for the suggestions, a few more good results are making things better. i dont think it helps that i always fine my players 2 weeks wages when they get sent off, and also transfer list anyone who complains about not playing. think i might change my approach to them

another addition to this, despite being on a 4 game unbeaten run, winning 4-0 in all of the games, my press conference is asking me about is the lack of harmony a factor in my run of poor results? strange

This is so true! My performance overall in leagues, cups, whatever is good, i go on 10+ game unbeaten runs, yet I still have a lack of squad harmony? Yet when i look at players, they say they are happy or content. So how is the 'apparent lack of harmony' still there, and does it effect your team like it says it can in conferences?

I had the same problem for several seasons, I just didnt know what to do about it. I couldnt figure it out not too many players in my first team squad were unhappy. I searched the forums in a few mentioned that I just needed to win a few games in succession the things would turn around, but at that time I was defending champion in the Danish league having won it 5 times in a row.

Some mentioned that I needed to renew the contracts of the unhappy players wich in my opinion is the way out of this problem.

The key though for me was when I went through my "b" team and under 19ens, many players were unhappy and renewing the contratcs with the plyers who have the potential to be good players and then simply sack the players who are unhappy and without a furture at ypur club - anyways that is what worked for me.

Just out of interest, are the unused players in the first team listed as playing for the reserves as well?

In my team?

I do register the players that I dont use very much in my first team for my reserves, but my problem was that the players that I dont usually look at were unhappy. That would be my players in under 19ens and b team.

Have you had a lot of unsuccessful mentoring experiences? If you place a youngster who had an unhappy experience being mentored by an older player in the same squad, their mutual antipathy can create problems, and in extreme cases I have seen it split the squad, with players listing each other as disliked personnel.

I have a similar "problem", it originated after a player got sent off, and i fined him, i was disappointed as we had lost the game, the squad reacted badly to this, and my form has been inconsistent since then, i'm not sure how to resolve the situation?

to answer the previous few questions,

BAMBAMBAM - i havent got the players selected for the reserves, because i have around 25-30 players in my reserves, ive yet to have a chance to sit down and clear them out.

PAULHOMES - ive had a few bad mentoring experinces, but they were set up before i took over, and concerened players that were in the reserves anyway.

does any thing that my shear size of reserve squad could be a negative influence? because im thinking that theres going to be 20ish players who arent even playing reserve games let alone first team

Archived