Has the transfer system been changed?

Confused -- I'm trying to start as Liverpool as I haven't been them for a few months.

However, previously I could sell:

Lucas ~56m

Aurélio ~35m

Pennant ~16m

Benayoun ~15m

Now, I can't get squat for them. Was there a change in the updates as I can't remember if the game was patched at 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2 at the time I was getting these prices (all over 24months).

Was there a change?

I dont know but personally i feel it needs tweaks as in real life transfers can invlove all sorts of clauses; i think the transfer system is good, but some of the transfers are slightly unrealistic.

Yes the above prices are unrealistic, I was just wondering if there was a change because it's strange how I can't get anything near what I could before.

I'd like to see many more clause options in transfers...

Now, just ran it through again, I got the following...

Lucas 56m->11m

Kuyt 16m->11.5m

Pennant 16m->8.5m

Benayoun 15m->8.5m

Aurélio 35m->8m

Riera 17m->... under 6m

Keane.. under 3m!

Crazy... now I've got no money cause they're not worth selling for those monies :(

You can't get anywhere near what you are asking as transfers are more realistic this year, what you are asking for your players isn't realistic.

Quite, but the amounts I was asking are the amounts I was getting in the out-of-the-box version of FM09.

I think keep fees down is a good thing.

Has anyone else noted that regens go for insane amounts compared to equivalent real life players - two, three times the amount - is inflation of fees really predicted to be that drastic over the next 3 or 4 seasons?

9.1 to 9.2 there was a general tightening of the transfer market £48m for darren fletcher was getting a bit daft iirc :D

I feel as though after 3-4 seasons, the transfer fees get completely inflated again.

I know the game keeps track of the highest fee paid/received by each manager, but it would be interesting if the game kept record of the highest transfer fees. Similar to the Richest Clubs screen.

I feel as though after 3-4 seasons, the transfer fees get completely inflated again.

I know the game keeps track of the highest fee paid/received by each manager, but it would be interesting if the game kept record of the highest transfer fees. Similar to the Richest Clubs screen.

I've gone through my four seasons of transfer windows and compiled the highest fees. These are in chronological order by month, sorted by value. July '08 - August '11 (no transfer over 15M in Jan '12) My cut off was 18.5M, otherwise the list would be tremendous. I'm Arsenal.

Player                  From                 To               Price (British Pound; In millions)
Roque Santa Cruz        Blackburn            Chelsea          23.5
Robin v. Persie         Arsenal              Man City         20
Sergio Aguero           A. Madrid            Arsenal          47.5
Andres Guardado         Deportivo            R. Madrid        20
A-Pierre Gignac         Toulouse             Man City         19.75
Dean Ashton             West Ham             Man City         19
Manu Adebayor           Arsenal              Barcelona        30
Gael Clichy             Arsenal              Valencia         24
Gabriel Obertan         Bordeaux             Man City         21.5
Marek Hamsik            Napoli               Man City         19.25
Davide Santon           Inter                Arsenal          22
Fabio Quagliarella      Udinese              Chelsea          19
Mario Gomez             Stuttgart            Chelsea          21
Roberto Soldado         Getafe               R. Madrid        18.75

None of these are regens/unproven players. But most of those players have asking prices exceeding 35M but values around 10M-13M. These complete disproves my own point about the inflation, but some of these players aren't worth the price tag.

I wish I could buy Camacho for closer to 15 than 35. There is no room for haggling in the game.

I've gone through my four seasons of transfer windows and compiled the highest fees. These are in chronological order by month, sorted by value. July '08 - August '11 (no transfer over 15M in Jan '12) My cut off was 18.5M, otherwise the list would be tremendous. I'm Arsenal.

Player                  From                 To               Price (British Pound; In millions)
Roque Santa Cruz        Blackburn            Chelsea          23.5
Robin v. Persie         Arsenal              Man City         20
Sergio Aguero           A. Madrid            Arsenal          47.5
Andres Guardado         Deportivo            R. Madrid        20
A-Pierre Gignac         Toulouse             Man City         19.75
Dean Ashton             West Ham             Man City         19
Manu Adebayor           Arsenal              Barcelona        30
Gael Clichy             Arsenal              Valencia         24
Gabriel Obertan         Bordeaux             Man City         21.5
Marek Hamsik            Napoli               Man City         19.25
Davide Santon           Inter                Arsenal          22
Fabio Quagliarella      Udinese              Chelsea          19
Mario Gomez             Stuttgart            Chelsea          21
Roberto Soldado         Getafe               R. Madrid        18.75

None of these are regens/unproven players. But most of those players have asking prices exceeding 35M but values around 10M-13M. These complete disproves my own point about the inflation, but some of these players aren't worth the price tag.

I wish I could buy Camacho for closer to 15 than 35. There is no room for haggling in the game.

I would say those prices are mostly realistic, apart from Man City of course but I think they are like that on everyones game.

Only odd ones that i noticed were Real buying Soldado back and you getting Aguero for £47.5m, did he get a new contract and his release clause go up becuase I got him for £37.5m on my game?

I would say those prices are mostly realistic, apart from Man City of course but I think they are like that on everyones game.

Only odd ones that i noticed were Real buying Soldado back and you getting Aguero for £47.5m, did he get a new contract and his release clause go up becuase I got him for £37.5m on my game?

In my game Real have also bought Soldado and he's scoring freely IIRC :p

Archived