Sugar Daddy at Merthyr.. Question:

Some Caribbean dude is pumping monies into my Merthyr Tydfil side as if it was a Coral roulette machine.

He's also given us youth facilities 'amongst the best in the world', which was nice of him. But to what extent will this effect the standard of player that comes through the youth set-up next season?

Are they going to be the same standard as the players that come through at Ajax and United? That would be pretty cool...

I always thought it was a combo of reputation, youth facilities, location and league rep. As Merthyr play in the Welsh league, I would have thought you would have got good players for your level as most promising welsh youth would be more likely to go to swansea or cardiff. (not IRL just in game) As there is an attractiveness stat in the editor for places, I think this might come into it as well. Having a youth academy definatley helps, as your players develop more before they come into your youth team. You will probably get some good youth based on the strength of your facilities alone though.

Yeah, Merthyr are loving life in the Conference South, definately don't play in the Welsh league.

Assuming I make to the end of the season, I'll come back with any sick youth players that come through. Or awful ones.. either way.

Anyway, the quality of your youth academy will certainly have an impact, although we are always just talking about probabilities here.

So you might get lucky that quite a few youngster will come through who should be good enough further up the ranks as well.

Good luck :):thup:

Archived