Player Attachment Syndrome

This lends itself to player naming, but shouldn't mention how good they are, so I think that will be ok.

Does anyone else get attached to players, for no apparent reason, however well or badly they play. For some reason, I have a PAS to Gaetano D'agostino (Udinese) and Ortega Sergio Sanchez (Espanyol). Neither are world stars or have done anything of note, IRL or in the game, but does anyone else get PAS where they find it difficult to get rid of them, even if they won't make the team? Or can anyone provide even a hint of explanation for this?

I have PAS but i am like the farmer with the shotgun when they turn 30. I am ready to sell and in terms of the farmer scenario ready to eat some good meat from a good animal.

Players that dont get injured and play almost every match ( like my keeper ) will get special treatment and i will refuse to sign new better players to replace him within limits of course. I try to play my captain as much as i can even if he is much worse, within reason. (I dont like changing captains throughout the season)

I really do suffer from PAS big time.

No idea why, but on FM08 I got attached to Lee Dong-Gook in my Middlesbrough game.

He couldn't do anything, he wasn't fast, strong, technically or mentally good.

But I just got attached to him and played him every game, and would go crazy when he misshit the ball into the net, or when the ball bounced off of him and rolled over the line. Put him on penalties and everything in an attempt to justify his inclusion in the squad.

He was bad, but I really like him for no reason at all.

Jon Parkin (Preston NE) in my current Barnet save, or 'Fatty' Parkin as i have changed his name to now.

I got him from Preston when I was in League 1 with Barnet. He is a big, fat slow lumberinG ST but the boy scored goals, lots of goals.

Now I am in the Chapionship for the second season running and realise he it not really in my plans, but i keep him tucked away in the reserves for old times sake. He is back up above 15 stone again now. Lazy, pie eating bugger! But i love him dearly

I have PAS for Wes Brown. I mean, he is no longer good enough to be in the first team at the age of 32, but I refuse to sell him in order to lose some wages. I have no clue why. That said, Jonny Evans (who I somehow manage to screw up his development) is another player that I am reluctant to sell, and still play him at times even though i have 5 other central defenders who are better than him.

I've got a PAS to Dan Spence at braintree, only player who has managed to still get in the first team from bss to League 2, and some of my loan players like papy Bilbong (regen) and Karl Jevons (regen) as soon as i could afford them i brought them.

ONce again i would like to say thanks to my tycoon for lots of money :)

I have developed this with Keirrison, unfortunately he has been pulled away from me by my chairman who decided he wanted to cash in on him as he was getting on a bit, ideally I should be able to send my team out wearing black bands to remember all that he was.

For me it's a young newgen who I signed from Tottenham. He's 18 now and I don't know his PA (coaches say leading EPL player) and although weakening the squad by swapping him in for Diarra all the time, making him a world beater is my main mission ;)

Oh, and I just signed Bakircioglü. No use to my team, but my hero from back in the days :)

Archived