FM Going Lower Than the BSN/BSS?

Yeah obviously you get sacked, but in future it would be amazing albeit pointless for many, to go even further down the leagues, i mean the isthman/unibond league with the likes of marine and FC United get on the side banner on skysports news, it would just be a nice addition to the crazy amount of depth this game has dont you think? There is always someone for me who i like to look up who are at that level, how about you guys?

Besides there are alot of people like me who are addicted to start from the lowest point possible right?

Write back on thoughts thanks!

(I couldnt find a thread like this in the search)

CM are doing it but i dont know why cos there lower league research is usually woeful but if theve improved that it would be great

research would be very hard for those leagues and it woul be hard to find people willing which is why FM havnt done it yet but they will in they future hopefully

I can see a point for it, as even though other countries are under-represented, I'd have thought a lot of FM users would be in Britain and have a reasonable knowledge of the leagues. I like playing from the lowest league and working my way up, but would it not be difficult to arrange Geography-wise.

By this I mean that the botttom three BSS/BSN go down, but say all three were from the midlands, then the teams coming up from the lower leagues would not directly replace those teams going down, which I'd have thought may provide an unnecessary amount of work to accomodate in the game.

By this I mean that the botttom three BSS/BSN go down, but say all three were from the midlands, then the teams coming up from the lower leagues would not directly replace those teams going down, which I'd have thought may provide an unnecessary amount of work to accomodate in the game.

The game already does it for regional divisions in both the English leagues at the Conference N/S level and other countries where lower league groups are geographically based. Pretty sure it just uses Lat/Lon, so it wouldn't be difficult for the game to sort them. It may not be able to recognize any real-life exceptions to strict geography, at worst (if there are any.)

The game isnt built around dafuges challenges you know..... (no offence to him) its based on giving customers what they want. If there is a demand there may be a supply...

eh? I was just saying it would make Dafuge's challenge harder. Im all up for harder, I don't see why you picked that comment out tbh.

The game isnt built around dafuges challenges you know..... (no offence to him) its based on giving customers what they want. If there is a demand there may be a supply...

Dafuges Challenge has got nothing to do with whether they would consider putting them in. :p

I'd imagine the # of people who would only buy the game if they added the Isthmian/etc. leagues is about as large as a dozen other leagues around the world.

The English league already goes down further than any other by two, anyway.

Peter was just commenting that it would make it harder, which it would. The important thing is that SI have ruled out new leagues for the forseeable future. And if they were adding new ones, I imagine there are leagues in higher demand than the next level in England.

Anyways back to the topic, i think there are alot of people that have local clubs, who they dont necassarily support them but wonder what it would be like for that club to rival the big teams in the town. For example im doing Marine, a club from Liverpool that not many people no of, if lucky they get promoted to the BSN to make up the numbers and i have just got them promoted to League 2, 5 mins ago, if they get any worse in real life, they may not be promoted in future...

Anyways back to the topic, i think there are alot of people that have local clubs, who they dont neccasarily support them but wonder what it would be like for that club to rival the big teams in the town. For example im doing Marine, a club from Liverpool that not many people no of, if lucky they get promoted to the BSN to make up the numbers and i have just got them promoted to League 2, 5 mins ago, if they get any worse in real life, they may not be promoted in future...

I always find a huge gulf between BSS/N and teams like Marine (beat them 7-1 in first season) so actually it would be a welcome challenge to use an even lower local team (for me that'd be alvechurch)

lol yeah snooty, a guy with 3 finishing would be top goalscorer haha, that would be quality i think :), at the end of the day the standard around them is all the same so in theory it would work but i see what your saying it may beome hard to differentiate enough for positions... and individual skill

I would love it, i'd love the immersion it would provide just knowing you could take a real local team to CL glory. Plus, if they went that low, my dad would be in it! However snooty raises a good point about stats, however I would say the average CA for BSN/S level is around 60-70. This could be lower for these teams but would mean a distinct lack of decent players as their stats would be too concentrated in certain areas. I don't like CM but I will look out for the game demo just to see the implementation of these leagues.

How far down though, are we talking. Let's say every single team down to local pub teams in the Great Britain. Now that would be an exciting cup run ;)

But seriously that's well, a serious amount of teams. But far down can you go to keep it fun. Just a few leagues lower than what is avaible already would be a nice touch in all playable countries in the game. However I feel it's already vast as itis to be quite honest with you. I can list the amount of leagues that I have played with on a back of a postage stamp. Well not quite a stamp, but you see my point.

I've managed in the UK, the English Leagues 2nd, 1st, Championship, and the Premier League. Scottish Divisons 2nd and 1st. 2nd Division in Argentina, 2nd or 1st Division the Ukraine. As you can tell I have barely scratched the surface.

• SI Staff

It's taken years to get the BSS and BSN to the current level of research accuracy. Having the BSS and BSN in the game means we need a knowledge of the level below that for promotions/relegations. So to add in another tier would mean we'd also need to research the tier below that. You're then looking at adding hundreds of clubs playing in front of very few spectators.

It's taken years to get the BSS and BSN to the current level of research accuracy. Having the BSS and BSN in the game means we need a knowledge of the level below that for promotions/relegations. So to add in another tier would mean we'd also need to research the tier below that. You're then looking at adding hundreds of clubs playing in front of very few spectators.

how many leagues would 'the next tier' constitute?

as for research, i dont think anyone would expect anything beyond player names, attributes of players maybe just relating to where the team finished in their respective league the previous season and general stuff like stadium name etc

maybe you have to be more stringent with your research for whatever reason though, i wouldnt know

on the current 'where are fm gamers from?' thread on this forum, 57% are from the UK

its how many of these would want or benefit from having an extra tier added i suppose

nufc8

if they go any lower ill be on it

---------------------

How low you talking? If they went down couple more leagues i would be on it as well.

Can imagine it now, signing myself to play for a big club and give me £100,000 a week - if only!!!

how many leagues would 'the next tier' constitute?

as for research, i dont think anyone would expect anything beyond player names, attributes of players maybe just relating to where the team finished in their respective league the previous season and general stuff like stadium name etc

maybe you have to be more stringent with your research for whatever reason though, i wouldnt know

on the current 'where are fm gamers from?' thread on this forum, 57% are from the UK

its how many of these would want or benefit from having an extra tier added i suppose

BSN/BSS is "Step 2" of the English football non league system. Taking Fm down to Step 3 would constitute another 3 leagues: Ryman Premier League (Isthmanian), British Gas Business Premier League (Southern) and Unibond Premier League (Northern). This is another 66 teams, some of which have FM researchers but mostly that don't.

Following on from si BHA's point, the research would then need to go as far as Step 4. This is a further 6 leagues (Ryman/BGB/Unibond sponsored leagues - 2 from North/South/Isthmanian) which is due next season to include 136 teams. Most of whom will have an average gate struggling to break 3 fugures. Finding researchers for these teams would be problematic at best.

I must admit, as a researcher of one of the teams at Step 3 i would love FM to allow management at that next level down, but realistically its not worth the effort required and i'll have to hope that my team simply get promoted to the BSN for my work to be important to the game instead!

If anyone is interested in the English non-league to this level then this is an excellent site (with which i have no allegance other than i use it to help my research):

http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/

Hope people find this post useful

Shandiar

• SI Staff
Highland League should be well before even lower leagues in England. Sure I had a few people backing that last year before it died a painful death :thup:

I remember trying to add that when attempting to learn how to code and broke the game :D

every year we dont see drastic changes until the 3d this year which i dont use, it would be a good way of showing FM's desire to get even better as a game, even though its great already, if thats understandable?.... i do appreciate the amount of leagues they have already btw...

Highland League should be well before even lower leagues in England. Sure I had a few people backing that last year before it died a painful death :thup:

I'm guessing one of the big reasons that the Highland league is not included is that there is no promotion to the Scottish leagues from it. I don't know about relegation from it, but the fact that you couldn't progress from a low league would represent a stalling point for the game.

It would be nice to see, as I believe its actual quality is no less than Scottish Div 3, but until the Scottish FA wake up it'd be a lackluster addition. In my opinion.

The no promotion issue might also be why Ter broke the game. Go Ter!! :eek:

Archived