French CFA

Oddly enough there is another long-running thread on here from someone who can't get the Franch league to work at all at any level.

I'll try and find it and post the link for you.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=95111

It's French & German leagues missing, don't know if it's connected to yours though.

It's a long thread and don't think they ever figured out how to fix it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=95111

It's French & German leagues missing, don't know if it's connected to yours though.

It's a long thread and don't think they ever figured out how to fix it.

His problem seems to be not quite the same as that linked thread is about it not being selectable when you go to start a game. However the OP has selected the CFA but it’s greyed out.

Cityull did you get an invite to accept or reject to play in the CFA during the start or even in the pre-season of your save?

His problem seems to be not quite the same as that linked thread is about it not being selectable when you go to start a game. However the OP has selected the CFA but it’s greyed out.

I realise the problem is different BUT the fact it was the French League, again, might indicate some obscure bug that very, very few people come across.

That is such a strange thread though, did they ever figure it out?

I realise the problem is different BUT the fact it was the French League, again, might indicate some obscure bug that very, very few people come across.

That is such a strange thread though, did they ever figure it out?

I have no idea if they did figure it out. I think half of the problem was this only happened to a minuscule amount of people so replicating it might not have been easy. :thup:

I wasn't aware you could manage in the Championnat de France Amateurs merely because my reserves play in that league and I haven't actually tried.

I started a new game with leagues down to the French CFA but when the game had loaded the CFA was greyed out.

any ideas whats wrong?

I had this same problem, so I just started a new game and it worked, but it happens every now and again when I start other new games.

Cityull did you get an invite to accept or reject to play in the CFA during the start or even in the pre-season of your save?

I literally clicked new game and on the team selection screen it was greyed out.

no problem though i will just be Blyth again :)

I picked down to CFA and it didn't allow me to choose a team from those leagues, so I assumed that due to the huge amounts of reserve teams in those leagues, it just meant that if your Championnat national team got relegated you didn't have to be sacked.

You cannot manage a CFA team unless you get relegated from the French National division, I'm not sure why SI don't allow us to start in the CFA but I'd guess it has something to do with the number of reserve teams in that tier.

Edit: or what Mista said.

It seems that CFA in FM is a bit modified compared to real life. According to Wikipedia there are two divisions, CFA and CFA 2. Many of the reserve teams playing in CFA 2 in real life, are moved to CFA in FM. I don't know why this is done. In other leagues where the reserve teams play in the real league system, the reserve teams that are in divisions below the playable ones just play simulated matches. Perhaps it's difficult to get researchers in the lower divisions and it's easier to put in reserve teams to the big teams:confused:

CFA and CFA 2 are two different divisions, a team can be promoted from CFA 2 to CFA or relagated from CFA to CFA 2 ...

Pro's reserves are considered as amateur teams, and can play in both divisions ; a lot of reserves teams from Ligue 1 teams are playing in the CFA, some of Ligue 2 too but most of the time Ligue 2 teams will place their reserve team on CFA 2 or even below ...

CFA is wanted to be playable by french people for a looooooong time

Archived