I far exceed the minimum requirements

CPU speed 1.4ghz (i have 2.67ghz)

System RAM 512mb (i have 1.2gb)

operating sytem xp (i have xp)

Video card:

Video RAM 128mb (i have 256mb)

Video card 3d acceleration (i have it)

Pixel shader version 2.0 (i have 3.0)

so whats going on? any suggestions appreciated!

though you exceed the minimum requirements, your computer is hardly a mega machine. Although things like disk defrag, ccleaner and of course the right selections of leagues/nations/database will help. Also, try bumping up your virtual memory. Although, overall, FM09 is a lot slower than 08 so you shouldn't compare it to that

start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools -> disk defragmenter

will take awhile though.

when i click on it it starts to scan or whatever but then says ''defragmentation of (C:) has been aborted due to inconsistencies that were detected in the filesystem. please run CHKDSK or SCANDISK on (C:) to repair these inconsistencies, then run disk defragmenter again.'' how do i run CHKDSK or SANDISK??? please help!

though you exceed the minimum requirements, your computer is hardly a mega machine. Although things like disk defrag, ccleaner and of course the right selections of leagues/nations/database will help. Also, try bumping up your virtual memory. Although, overall, FM09 is a lot slower than 08 so you shouldn't compare it to that

how do i run ccleaner and increase my virtual memory?

how do you mean?

He is being sarcastic.

To run chkdsk do the following:

You check the disk by doing this.

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
  4. Select the Automatically fix file system errors check box and the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box, and then click Start.

You probably will have to restart your computer to do it.

Archived