all conquering superclubs

I don't mean the Arsenals, Barcalonas, Man.Utds of the game I mean the teams that you build.

Does it not get a bit boring being able to hoover up all the best talent for ridiculous £40+ million fees and winning the league and most of the cups every season?

Sure building a club from a modest or humble position to success is good and a nice challenge but after that what's the point?

The game becomes increasingly uncompetitive and you end up sweeping aside all 'lesser' clubs with four, five or six goals per game with no challenge to your financial and footballing supremacy.

Does anyone else feel this way?

At what point do you decide you've had enough and start over with a fresh challenge?

Well, kind of on your point, I managed Blyth and got 4 Consecutive promotions and though god im bored even though i had customized all aspects of the squad. I ended up leaving and I couldn't get into the game from then on.

so basically I am at a club for a few seasons and get bored :)

I customised a superclub and am winning everything, but it was just to get the most out of the new 3D engine and faffing about with editors for the first time. When the new patch is out I'll start again with a lower league team and play the game 'properly'. To be honest, I've been enjoying watching my palyers rip the opposition apart with slick moves, but you're right, I'd get bored after a couple of seasons - i.e. just the point I'm coming to in time for the patch.

Not really, with Manchester United. That said, I seldom spent much money at all, other than the 67 million bid on Messi because I am such a fan for him. My transfer fees are generally below 20 million pounds (mostly around 5-6 million) and I do not buy much.

So, to reduce it into a few words, success makes shallow players like me happy ^^. Different people have different needs.

If you have a look at Gilbster's story in the Dafuge challenge thread you'll see that even if you get a minor club all the way into the premiership unlimited success isn't always the outcome...I think Gilbster has been yo-yoing between the Premier and Championship in the 2050s without winning the former as yet. I myself have now had Witton stuck in league two for ten seasons. I am the new Rochdale.

I find that when you play for 15+ seasons you sometimes get some odd teams becomign super powers in the game. I have seen Stoke get to 3 consecutive Champions League semi finals. Unfortunately they played me in all 3 and lost ;)

It does get boring when you ahve a game where theres no challenger but that doesnt last for long. One team always managers to make a couple of shrewd signings. After a couple of years in the CL they then ahve a bit of cash to challenge you.

If you get bored you could always resign and take over another team and build them up. I always find it more challenging doing this because you dont instantly know all the good players anymore because lots may have retired.

Try that with a Northern Irish division 2 team!

I didnt find that league that much of a challenge,

took over as manager of dundela after being sacked as mansfield manager in the first season,

Wasent a lot of games left to go but i managed to drag them from outside relagation to second place,

Continued a second season got them promoted, Only lost 8 games with them in one and a half years.

Most to bigger teams in the cups.

I enjoyed it though :)

Suppose thats the good things about loading a lot of leagues and starting unemployed. You end up playing in leagues you wouldnt normaly play in,

I took Leeds to 5 straight EPL titles and won all the cups with them atleast once, after that i became bored with it and are now manager of stoke, but the real enjoyment is to see Leeds is still a powerhouse of football, they have continued on my sucess and are now even a stronger team then when i managed them, they have won 2 more straight EPL titles, thats 7 in a row and no one can really compete.

But you never now because now my Stoke is in t´he EPL ;-)

I always play as Newcastle with a long term game in mind. Yes it can get boring but i put challenges in place to try and keep it fresh.

1. To start with my aim is to build up a quaility team to qualify for the CL and challenge for the league on a regular basis. Whilst doing this i scout the globe looking for the best talent to bring to the club as youngsters to the rule the world.

2. Having completed task one you will more than likely be left with a huge transfer deficit I have currently have an 84 mill net transfer defict. So the next aim is to sell off your ageing stars a fringe players to balance this out.

3. Ok you have ruled the world with the best regens from around the world and world stars. Now start to rebuild the culd based on the contry it is in. So for me England. All staff and players must be english. Whilst doing this your trying to maintain your success.

This keeps me going no end. I try to think up other little challenges to keep the game fresh.

Can get a bit dull winning with the same team so this year i've decided to do something different...

In my game i have All the english leagues running and the top leagues from France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Holland. My ain is to win the league and cup in each of the countries i am running. So far won the Serie A 3 times and the Italian cup 3 times and the Spanish league 3 times and the spanish cup 3 times and the Champions league 4 times.

Just moved to England to carry on my multi nation success...

I agree with the OP.

I got the tycoon takeover at Newcatle and yet I have to fulfil my mission (just one FA cup and one community shield won after season 3), so I'm not yet bored, but I will be a few seasons down, irrespective of if I will have won anything bigger. It is just too easy.

So then I will leave to look for a new challenge and until then, I sign youths for 5m and try to get my success that way. I could have bought Walcott, Vela or Ronaldo, I just didn't do it as I felt going for the 18 year old Spanish newgen from Olympiakos would be more rewarding.

(of course, some class players I did buy and also two of them for ridiculous fees, but then I noticed that was no fun)

I usually get bored after years of domination, however my Wolves save is keeping me going for some reason. Maybe its becaue i havn't won everything yet, but im getting closer. I would imagine when the patch comes out and i start my career game in lower leagues that will takeover from my current one.

Archived