One on one situations. Strikers fail almost constantly.

I've been browsing these forums for a bit and haven't found any similar threads, so pardon me if it's been brought up already.

I've been noticing that players often, when they have a one on one chance against the goalkeeper, tend to mess up. I've been playing around 15 or 20 games so far this season with FC Copenhagen, and out of the 10 or so clear cut chances I've had, only one has gone in. For some strange reason my strikers will always just shoot straight at the goalkeeper and thus mess it up, which is really frustrating. I see no reason for this to keep happening, as they have both high composure and finishing and shouldn't be failing at this rate. Time and time again they just run straight at the goal and fire off some weak shot where they could easily aim for, and execute, a shot at one of the corners of the goal, yet they never do it. I had this happen 3 or 4 times in one match.

For the record, this is not only happening to me, but also my opponents. I played Manchester City in the Uefa cup qualifications, and being that their team was vastly superior to mine, they had numerious one on ones against my goalie but managed to score none. They did the exact same thing as my strikers tend to, shooting straight at the goalkeeper and making it a very easy save for him. I find this very unrealistic and was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Archived