Signing the best youngsters

I thought I would share with you all my strategy for finding and signing the best youngsters in each pre season, I have been having awesome success in my longer games bringing in youngsters and I think I have got it down to a fine art now.

Step 1

Wait until after the transfer window has closed before starting the process. The new regen players filter into the game all the way through august and may not all be created if you start earlier. This doesnt really matter anyway because the chances are the players won't be going straight into your team anyway so waiting until january won't matter.

Go into player search and customise the settings to show players under 21 and make sure that interested is NOT set to yes and set value to up to £1m. This works because new regens are generally not going to be off huge value straight away and it filters out previous season regens who have got a high value.

3. Attribute settings : I always set the atributes to the following minimums TECHNIQUE 13 (if a youngster doesnt have technique at 16-17 he probably never will) STAMINA 10 (no point signing lazy players even youngsters) TEAMWORK 10 PASSING 12.

Now search for all players who meet this criteria and have a good look at every player who comes up who is aged 15-17. The chances are from my experience that any player aged 15-17 who meets this criteria will turn out to be a top class player in a few seasons time.

You can raise the value up to £2m if you like and more will show up but keeping it to £1m usually shows enough for me. The only other thing I might try is dropping the passing stat down to 10.

This probbaly won't work as well until season 3 or 4 when more regens start appearing but I am now in season 16 in my current game and every season I have been able to sign mega stars of the future from using this exact formula.

Jambo - you are pretty much doing exacty as I do with my Darlington save and I am pretty much unbeatable now with a stable of 15-18 y/os that have amazing stats. Our starting stats differ as I tend to do it one position at a time (Def, Mid, Off) but I usually do all my buying in Jan and find it hard to ever spend any money the board gives me, I just don't need it.

I done this on one of my seasons a while ago and i got a regen called Papal Popoyv who i bought for 2M and he was 17 with 8 (iirc) green stats and only one red one (tackling), turned out to be the best player in the game winning world player of the year for 4 consecutive seasons

My method for the buying youngsters isn't as in-depth as that. I list the players in the player search (again with the interested turned off) from age starting with the youngest. And each year you'll get one or two players aged 15 who stand out from the other regens. Most regens aged 15 are either worth "free" or "2k" but every so often you'll get one or two valued at "40k" or maybe "80k" so I just snap them up as they're obviously the better kids. They go straight in the reserves and straight out on loan and are normally snapped up by Championship or Premier League for a few seasons!!

Although I think I'll start using your method a few seasons in as the foreign-baed regens tend to come in aged 17 or 18 and can be hard to spot.

Archived