Im About to Reject ....

West Ham's suggestion that i should invest :eek:55 million:eek: for one of their key players who is valued at 15 million. Ive progressed to 2012, where west ham are a mid table club with secure finances and a few handy players. Im finding that bringing in good players in general is ridicously expensive as the game progresses. Has Anyone else come across over the top evaluations of players worth ?

I had Bolton trying to sting me for £56m on a £18m rated defender.

Bolton in my save being essentially the same status and form of the real Bolton.

I'm not a fan of the way transfer prices suddenly spiral after 4 seasons or so, even if that might be realistic, it's hard to build a strong, happy, confident squad when City, United or Arsenal can come waiving huge fees at your top players every transfer window upsetting everyone.

I had Bolton trying to sting me for £56m on a £18m rated defender.

Bolton in my save being essentially the same status and form of the real Bolton.

I'm not a fan of the way transfer prices suddenly spiral after 4 seasons or so, even if that might be realistic, it's hard to build a strong, happy, confident squad when City, United or Arsenal can come waiving huge fees at your top players every transfer window upsetting everyone.

so, essentially you're saying you'd take easy over realistic?

I do think that it is fairly realistic in a way.

In reality a club is very unlikely to sell a player who is vital to their team and as such they may reject a bid outright. They may however realise that the team wanting to buy the player has the funds available and demand what they are willing to sacrifice a star player for. Just look at Man City. They have found that to buy any world class player requires an extortionate bid, simply because the team does not want to sell the player but thinks that if they can get enough money then it will be worth it.

In reality a club is very unlikely to sell a player who is vital to their team and as such they may reject a bid outright. They may however realise that the team wanting to buy the player has the funds available and demand what they are willing to sacrifice a star player for. Just look at Man City. They have found that to buy any world class player requires an extortionate bid, simply because the team does not want to sell the player but thinks that if they can get enough money then it will be worth it.

I think it is unrealistic because 99% of teams in the world will not turn down a 30 million bid for any one of their players, no matter how important they are for the team.

Palacios was pretty integral to Wigan and he went for 14mil...

There is always an exception to the rule. Palacios would probably be the in game case where the chairman sells the player.

Generally if the player is integral to the team and you have a chairman who doesn't interfere, then you'd charge big bucks for your players.

Archived