Why is The English League Cup...

it's ranked (rightfully imo) as less than a minor trophy along with the likes of the comm shield.

I agree :thup: So many of the top teams don't take this seriously. Although smaller teams count it as an achievement to win it, I am happy with the fact that tournaments such as this are not counted in the HoF.

Personally, I feel the Community Shield has more right to be a minor trophy than the League Cup

well that's your opinion, SI agree with me *safety wink* ;)

Unfortunately there's no right or wrong answer to this, in the same way that utd won't really care if they win it and sunderland would love to win it, some fans don't care about it and others do. Si consider it un-important, you don't, let's face it, it's not a major failing :)

i completely disagree

Why? Does any decent team really care whether they win it or not? Why do you think most top sides use it as a comp to play their youngsters in? Because is it not considered to be an important trophy, hence why it is ranked so low in FM

Why? Does any decent team really care whether they win it or not? Why do you think most top sides use it as a comp to play their youngsters in? Because is it not considered to be an important trophy, hence why it is ranked so low in FM

At the end of the day it's still a trophy to be won, by any team.

I am talking about in the game's Hall of Fame not in my personal opinion.

All domestic cups are regarded as minor trophies in the games Hall of Fame.

This is exactly correct - people's opinions are superfluous.

What would be extremely useful, but neither appears in the game nor any list I have seen, is a table showing precisely how many points are awarded for each competition.

Eg. I believe winning the EPL gets 36 points. How many for SPL, Serie A of La Liga? How many for the FA Cup, Scottish FA Cup etc.? Such information could help people decide which league to manage in in order to boost their position in the Hall of Fame.

Maybe people here could contribute their knowledge:

Competition won:

Points awarded:

Considering that out of the last six finals, five contained a member of the big 4 (three of them had both), it's not really a 'minor' trophy is it?

And there is quite a reward too. UEFA Cup qualification brings quite an amount of moolah for a small club if they do win it.

Tbh, any club outside the top 4 (or maybe including Arsenal this season) would be stupid not to take it seriously. Its the easiest route into Europe, and will include a cup final!

I think it should still count as a minor trophy, although with a fair fewer points than the league or FA Cup.

I also think phnompenhandy of a thread detailing the number of points each competition brings would be a good idea, can't remember ever seeing one on here.

Tbh, any club outside the top 4 (or maybe including Arsenal this season) would be stupid not to take it seriously. Its the easiest route into Europe, and will include a cup final!

I think it should still count as a minor trophy, although with a fair fewer points than the league or FA Cup.

I agree with this. And for those people saying that the big clubs aren't interested in it, I seem to remember Man Utd taking it seriously a few seasons ago, Chelsea and Liverpool have also won it in recent years.

I think it should be regarded as a minor trophy, with maybe slightly less points awarded than for an F.A Cup win. Let's say you're managing a 'smaller' premiership club like Stoke or Hull, and you win the League Cup twice over a 5 or 6 year period, I think it's a bit unfair that that you achieve no recognition for that Hall of Fame wise, as that would be a fantastic achievement for clubs like that.

Yes JimbobWWFC and, strangely enough, it's called... the league cup. Only second season running now, and it doesn't even give the winner a UEFA cup place.

Exactly. So my other post was true. uae4life is managing a team that probably deems that competition inferior. But it is unfair to say it is crap

Archived