Oxford SOMS

Just thought I'd make one of these. As Oxford I came 7th in my first season in charge. Here is a list of my best team possible and their stats for the season:

Apps Goals Average rating

GK: Billy Turley 56 (56) 7.21

DL: Chris Carruthers 38 2 6.71

DR: Matt Day 42 2 6.69

DC: Chris Willmott 35 1 6.54

DC: Barry Quinn 36 4 6.72

ML: Ishmel Demontagnac* 52 3 6.55

MR: Adam Murray 56 5 6.64

MC: Chris Cleaver* 30 5 7.00

MC: Niall Henderson* 53 7 6.58

FC: Leon Knight* 45 16 7.04

FC: Nathan Lowndes* 31 12 6.93

BENCH

GK: Ben Hinchcliffe 0 0 0

DL: Craig Nelthorpe 23 0 6.26

AM: Mark Byrne* 33 3 6.57

MC: Paul Evans* 7 1 6.42

SC: James Constable* 46 7 6.86

*=Player signed by me

As you can see a pretty ordinary season for me. James Constable and Paul Evans were just signed on a loan deal. Mark Byrne was signed on loan and then I permanently bought him.

The players I did buy were good, especially the strikers and Chris Cleaver who I would reccommend to anyone starting in the lower divisons. I got the wrong injuries at the wrong times, especially to the strikers who got injured just when they were starting to fire a lot of goals in. I will keep this updated every season and for next season I am basically going to keep the same squad. And also, I didnt spend a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant be bothered really to do whole stats. Will just post what happened each season.

Won both runner up and winner of player of the season. leon Knight won scoring a very impressive 20 goals in 34 games played and a match rating of 7.41. Jon Daly (my other striker) also played very well with an average match rating of 7.25 and he bagged 15 goals in 51 games. My strikers got me promoted =). 2 Very good strikers who I would recommend to anyone in lower leagues, although I have heard that Knight can be rubbish sometimes if u sign him.

So my final stats at end of promotion season :):

Blue Square premier:1st(champions)

English FA Cup:First round

English FA trophy:Winner

English Setanta shield:Semi final

P.S:I'm very sorry if this bores you but I like to keep a track of every season and I hope you dont mind :p

Jon Daly, My goalie with rating of 7.5...

I was listing lol jon daly is striker and my goalie is diff person, anyway like i sed problem aborted...and atm im 1st in table after 10 games...and 5 points clear....great start for club who wants to avoid relegation.

Woot in 3rd season came 2nd as Oxford. The board expected me to avoid relegation so really good season for me. Didnt sign any new players but got rid of Lowndes because he kept getting injured for 2/3 of time. Jon daly was relly good, i would reccommend him to anyone in lower leagues if u are looking for a striker

Hopefully I can stay up next season.

that hughes person is starting to play alright and defenders u signed are pretty good. Think one of em is called Daniel Davis and hes decent. Anyway to keep u lot updated, 7th in table atm and in January. 2 points off league 1 playoffs which is pretty good, although i am very inconsistent.

End of 4th season, finished 9th in league 1 with 66 points, which wasnt too bad. Hopefully I can build on that next season. I signed a lot of young players, they are:

Sam Barnard, who I signed in January, only played 16 games, but 7.18 average rating and really good stats.

Daniel Davis, who is right back, is pretty decent at this lvl with match rating of 7.

Sam Sodje, another good defender that I signed and he too was very solid throughout the season.

Bradley Blake, who is a left back, who too is very solid at this level.

The other player I signed was Josh Wright who is a right mid and has really good stats who I signed on a free.

Overall a pretty good season and in the next season I will try to use Ridleys 4-4-2 tactic

• 3 weeks later...

Ridley's 4-4-2 tactic is working alright i s'pose. FInished 17th in next season and 12th in season after that. Currently 2nd in league 20 games gone next season, but Barnard is amazing. For last 6 seasons or so, he has achieved an average rating of 7.5 or more and he scores plenty of goals. Amazing for a left mid, currently worth 1.5m now......

• 1 month later...

Well I cant believe I finished 10th in the championship with the awful squad that I have got. I am now in the 15/16 season and my players are getting really old. Really struggling to find players to join as my budget is only 2k.

• 1 year later...

Archived