What has the frustration of management made yo do...

It can put in a bad mood for a day, which frustrates the wife more than me, because "it's just a silly game"

We all know it's way more than that:p

Never done anything over the top though (like breaking stuff and spitting:eek:), that really would be a bit sad.

I couldn't believe my eyes to be honest.

I mean I've felt the urge to shout a little but not assault my system!

well, i'm a fully grown adult and all, but can't deny being over the top at times, i guess i'm just short tempered generally speaking anyway. But the worst i've done yet has only been the destruction of my mobilephone (it was a old one anyway), slang it againts the wall. I think a few years back, with CM, i banged the computer mouse of our home computer on the table(i told my dad that it just suddenly stopped working), but nothing more serious then that.

But the thing i feel the most ashamed for was, when still living at home, while losing a important game i screamed at my mum when she just came to tell me that dinner was ready, that's f*****g gratitude for you, a shame my dad wasn't in then i would had deserved one behind the ear then...

*WARNING PLAYER FROM CM 01/02 THAT IS NO LONGER IN THE GAME NAMED*

A few years ago I was playing FM, and a match did not go particulaly well for me. I can't remember the details of the match now, but I do remember that in complete anger of conceding a stupid goal I picked up a lego brick that had been laying around the room for ages (who knows where it came from!?!?) and I threw it at my monitor. It wasn't an LCD like they all are now, but a fairly new CRT big thing. Anyway it took a chip out of the screen.....I was gutted for ages afterwards. The system was, at the time, one of the more expensive things i'd purchased, and everytime i used it for the next couple of years I was reminded of my rage by the glaring dent in the screen.

I also remember in an old CM (i'm guessing 01/02, but could be the one before it....) I was in the Champions League Final and Hakkan Mild (my defensive midfielder who was part of the scandanavian contingent you could get back in the day) gave way a penalty that resulted in me losing the match. I released him on a free as soon as the match finished in a massive temper tantrum, despite him being awesome. It cost the club a fortune, like seriosuly i believe it was a few mill unless memory serves me badly ... (they wouldnt let you do that in a more recent FM game).

A few "game weeks" later I attempted to try and fill my midfield void by offering a certain Hakkan Mild a contract. He was available on a free for some unknown reason...... Talk about having my tail between my legs.

More recently I've calmed. Although its a bad idea to try and sneak games in when the girlfriends around. If she dare approach me while im in a match that isn't panning out as planned, I can be emabarassingly snappy and harsh.

The thing is usually i'm quite well tempered....

• 5 months later...

I usually come on here and complain the Game is cheating me.

Usually i hit the desk, but then moan even more 'coz my hand is hurting.

It's not a game to most people, it's an hobbie, something we love doing. So when it ain't going right, of course people, including myself will get upset.

I remember when I was playing CM 00/01 I needed 1 point from the last three games to win my first (ever on that version) league title, lost my first two games, no big deal, but losing in the final minutes of my last game sent me over the edge. I kicked out in frustration, aiming at nothing but air, but in advertentley kicked the leg off the table my giant cream coloured PC was set up on. The whole thing fell, whacking me in the knee in the process, before eventually coming to rest on my foot and breaking my big toe.

Of course I didnt lie when I went to the hospital, when asked how I did it I told the nurse it was a football injury.

The PC escaped with just a small scratch on the side of the tower.

My friend used to be an fm/cm maniac. All day, all night, every day, every night, for years. He is now divorced and spent 6 months in jail for assaulting his wife........... due to the pressures of being a virtual manager! True story.

I be leaving now.

I've never done anything major, just shouting obscenities or punching my leg (a little weird yes, but better than hitting the monitor :p). It can put me in a bad mood for an hour or so afterwards.

One thing that happens though is if a player on the game annoys me by scoring all the time against me, I end up disliking the player in reality as well. Then I'll go on Fifa and slide the hell out of him :p

My friend used to be an fm/cm maniac. All day, all night, every day, every night, for years. He is now divorced and spent 6 months in jail for assaulting his wife........... due to the pressures of being a virtual manager! True story.

I be leaving now.

"My friend" :rolleyes::D

I just tut when something goes wrong, nothing more.

I be leaving now.

If this is true then his troubles have nothing to do with his virtual management, he was clearly an idiot before he even touched FM.

I find it amusing that people break things because of a computer game. They either have far too little respect for money/parents who are far too soft, or they have slight mental issues.

Thanks to the nature of FM that I never get the feeling the game is cheating on me, I can report no broken mice (then again, I play on a laptop...). In early Amiga times and certain football manager games, none of them CM, one could find the rare broken mouse in my room when a game was nothing less than cheating....

Personally I have difficulty understanding why some people seem to get so angry over this game.

It reminds me of the guy who posted a rant a few months ago about how the game had too many bugs and flaws and then mentioned in passing how he smashed up his laptop because of it. It just seemed strange to me that he was so infuriated with the game that the act of smashing his laptop seemed to be completely normal behaviour to him.

Archived