£xxx million after xxx league games.

Hi everyone,

On a previous verion of FM (05 I think) I had a problem with selling players to foreign clubs.

IIRC I sold Gudjonssen to Barcelona with a clause of a few million after he played 40 league games.

Now, because I only had the English Leagues loaded, on his stats screen, it only showed a few games, presumably European games.

So my question is in FM09, if I sell a player to a foreign team and their country is not loaded, will he still "play" league games?

And for that matter, "score" league goals?

Because if not, these clauses in transfers are useless if you sell to an unloaded, foreign league.

Thanks

When you don't load another country, it is only the league games that are counted on a player's history screen. But you can still see their European appearances if they are in the UEFA Cup or whatever
Yes I'm pretty sure you will get the money. Just keep checking the player's history screen for updates of his league appearances. Can you upload a screenshot so we can see this?

This was from FM05 and it's just came back to me so I don't have any screenshots. I will be playing FM09 for thus first time very soon and am just remenicsing about some good times!

This was from FM05 and it's just came back to me so I don't have any screenshots. I will be playing FM09 for thus first time very soon and am just remenicsing about some good times!

I think there used to be some problems with players in countries you hadn't loaded in previous versions, so might never see that money... Not sure though.

This was from FM05 and it's just came back to me

Wow, that is an oldie. I'm not sure about what happens from games back in those days... it has been many years since I played FM05, as I seem to play the new release each year, no matter how successful my old game may be on the previous version :p

Unloaded leagues' games are simulated, so yes, you would get the money, far as I'm aware.

This. You're putting faith in the random number generator, but appearances and goals for the club are acknowledged even when you're not running it as an active league.

You can quite easily tell this sort of thing just by playing through a couple of months and then looking at players outside your country in the player search. I'm running just England and Scotland (I like working my way up the English leagues, but I also want to keep an eye on Rangers' progress in the SPL), I've loaded up my game and it's at September 21st, 2013. I've gone in and taken a look at the stats for Kaká, who's still at AC Milan...he's currently played 5 league games and scored 4 goals in those games. The only game I can see AC have played was a CL match against Celtic (which they won 1-0 through a Carlos Vela penalty), so Kaká scored those 4 goals in completely simulated matches (could be against Juventus or Cisco Roma for all I know)

I'm pretty certain the older versions didn't include games for leagues not loaded, only European games if applicable . You would see players get European Player of the Year based on a dozen or so games played in the Champions League.

I may be going back to my CM days on this, but it was definitely the case at some point in the past.

Archived