Idea: New Game Option

So, there is already an option to use fake players at the start of the game. Some people may like to tick this box to have a bit of a change in their games - something a bit different to keep them interested.

However, I was thinking of 2 other possible "game modes"

1. A game where all the players ca's and pa's are random at the start, for example, wayne rooney may turn in to be just an average conference player when the game is created- even though he will still be at man united. This would be quite interesting to try and scout the players who are really good, and offload the useless players!

2. This is my preferred idea, how about a game mode where you can select a certain league, or nation, the whole database even, and all the players are randomly distributed throughout that league/nation etc. Similar, to the free players database - where all top players across the world are released on frees and the top clubs fight over them. For example, say you decided to select the english premier league, the game would then randomise the players and put them in new clubs - you could have gerrard and lampard playing together at hull! The possibilities are endless.

Hopefully, you can all understand what i mean..

I know this may not appeal to everyone, but it could well be a bit of fun and offer something different to the game. I'd like to hear people's opinions on these ideas. Thanks

No not for me, would really spoil my pleasure of manager players you know from TV etc.

How would you handle option one, if Man U suddenly was full of crap players, maybe some other EPL teams as well but some others not, would really disturb the balance for each league.

For option 2 you can use the editor and have seen such projects a while ago in the Challenges, Sign-ups & experiments forum

Fair enough, thanks for commenting.

In answer to your first point.. That's what i had in mind, it was supposed to, "disturb the balance", to create a different and challenging game.

Secondly, it would take a long time slaving away in the editor to create such a database..and then you would have to do it again - if you wanted to randomise the players again.

i like the idea a lot, but i would take it a level further

ie a little ike on fmlive it would be random assignment of players but the wage budgets would still ensure the big 4 had the better players etc. so the best teams are still good but the players are just moved about a bit. i think it might be an interesting challenge

Those sound like neat ideas, though I would likely not use them myself. I only recognize a small handful of names from real life anyway.

This is why i don't like to untick the real players box, i want to be able to link up with players i know and see in real life. If players had random ca's and pa's.. tied in with paddy's idea (post 5) It would be a completely new game, but still with the players real names which you can recognise!

Not really, there is a button saying Free All Players, you do that and the world's players have no club.

Anyone had any success with this? I clicked free all people but when loading the database it just crashed.. i didn't make any other changes. I will try again but just freeing players and not staff - see if that makes any difference.

Anyone know if it is just impossible to work without any players AND staff?

(This has gone off the original point of the thread, but there is no point starting a new one in the editor's forum just yet)

EDIT: Freeing all players but not staff didn't work either

I don't think this would be very smart, because if the players will stay at their clubs but get horrible stats by chance, the leagues will be turned completely. Just imagine the Premier League with just a handful of quality players and all the other players are crap. On the other hand, there are clubs like Forest Green, who would have - because of fortune - a player with the attributes of C. Ronaldo, or any Prem- or EC-Player.

Certainly the big clubs in the leagues will buy the great players, but it will take some time for them to form a team again (just imagine 11 new first team players within only 1 season).

If you want the league to change, just edit the players and assign them to other clubs or to free transfer, which would mix the league up without leaving complete chaos in the clubs all over the world.

Archived