Youth player on full-time contract - clubs can sign for free?

I have done a search but I couldn't find anything relevant...

In my game with Dumbarton, I am in season 4 and am about 3 weeks after the new youth intake date. Ever since that day I have had a couple of clubs offering contract after contract to my very promising new 16-year-old right back.

Despite me giving him a full-time contract after they first attempted to snatch him they try again just days after he signs. His value is 110k yet they won't have to give me anything for him, how come?... have I made a mistake in giving him a contract? If I go to the clubs in question and try and poach their youth I have to pay upwards of 40k for them.

How can I stop this or at least get some money as I have already lost a CB this way?

As a veteran of the series, but not the Scottish Leagues maybe there is a rule I am not aware of? Thanks

offer him a bigger contract then he wont leave

Yeah, thanks for that, and keep going up until I reach my maximum wage allowance?

That's what I'm doing, I want to know why I'm not getting any money for him, he probably won't accept my contracts forever and then I lose him on a free, how come these clubs can get him even though he's on a full contract?

Archived