advice needed - game has become way too slow

High, i'd desperatly need some help here, as i'm not really good with these issues...:o

So, i'm playing a save i started a couple of months ago, and everythings been working slowly, until recently, when i've reached january of my third season, the game-speed has just deteriorated way too badly way too fast. I know i'm playing with a large database, and i have closer to 30 leagues selected, so it might be a bit too much for my laptop.

But like i said, the first 2 seasons went like a breeze, no problems, of course it never was lighting fast, but it wasnt so slow that i'd make a difference. But now it's too slow. It takes several minutes to process past 1 day, even though i'm not 'up to anything' (buying players for example), i'm in my close season in chile now so i'm just trying to go through the days in order to get to my new campaign. But it's agonisingly slow. Is there anything i can do to speed it up? i'd be gutted if i'd have to start it over again, with less leagues and all...

Help will be very much appreciated:thup:

The game gets progressively slower as you go further into it (but you may already know this). I read in another thread that there is around a 2% increase. Sounds like you have too many leagues loaded to go very far into the game to be honest. For the short term solution, try turning off other programmes that use up the computer's memory and affect FM performance (e.g. MSN, Media Player, Anti-Virus software, etc)

Archived