Leave of abscence FM09

Box

Hi quick silly question, has the leave of absence been taken out of the game?

I used to use it in older version of FM/Cm when players became upset or were finding it difficult to settle. I haven't used it for a while but I'm having problems trying to settle a young German regen in my current game and I wanted to try this but couldn't find the feature.

This was a good little feature that sometimes worked, surely SI shouldn't be taking working features out of new releases.

Do you mean that you (the manager) goes on holiday?

If so then i am sure it is there - I have never used it so cannot be 100% sure if it is there in FM09 (at work so cannot check for you). if it is it will be part of your manager options - same place as retire etc

im sure this is still in, i just think its less commonly used. as you can get a lot of unhappy players.

Where? I cant find it. It used to be in the player interaction screen.

I've only got the option when a player declares that he is failin to settle in the area, thats wen u can send him away for a month

So unless the player self declares he is unsettled you get the option then. That must then be the reason, I do have some players who are not settling in very well according to there profile, but didn't declare it.

The player has declared he's not settled and has instructed his agent to find him a new club. I've had this twice now, the first time I just sent the player out on load for a while and he cam back happy.

Hmm, that is odd. I did not see the option available even after the player went to the press stating his home-sickness and failure to settle in the area. He even disliked another player in the squad.

I remember seeing the option in FM 07 appear on the bottom-left menu, just not in FM 09 so far.

Hmm, that is odd. I did not see the option available even after the player went to the press stating his home-sickness and failure to settle in the area. He even disliked another player in the squad.

I remember seeing the option in FM 07 appear on the bottom-left menu, just not in FM 09 so far.

Exactly, it didnt show for me either after a player had told the press he was unsettled.

I'm pretty sure you can't give it for 'not settling into the area', I've only seen it on 09 for personal problems.

Ah, that could be it then.

Anyway, it worked out well for me eventually. At the end of the season, he acclimatised to the area and I moved the disliked player along.

Archived