FM08 or FM09??

just wondering which you guys prefer.. is there any people out there who have both but like 08 better??

FM 2009 by far, it took me a hell of a long time to really settle at a club in 2008 which left me not playing FM as much as i should (I'm a lifer with about 15 years of hardcore service).

Got straight into 09 without a problem.

09, purely because grey teams are beatable, and it has much better regens. If 08 had these two things (and a better match engine), then I would have said 08.

So, basically... If FM08 was FM09, you'd pick that then, Suzie? :D

08 for me...

I've played 09 til 2016 now, with Wolverhampton, and I find the 08 match engine more realistic and less buggy. I also think the game feels more responsive, 09 is choppy and feels very poorly optimized (I have new, very good computers btw, a stationary and a laptop. More or less the same issue on both). Also, the press conferences in 09 give me absolutely nothing. It was fun the first couple of times, but it's the same questions over and over, and it feels way more like a chore than an interesting feature. I also think injuries are way out of hand in 09, I get about 1-3 injuries every single game I play (I do not overwork my players or play them at poor condition). Regens have been somewhat improved, but 99% seem to be right/left foot only, which makes it all very unrealistic after a few years, and thus not much better than 08. I also feel the whole tactical bit of 08 worked better, and it was easier to see changes made tactically. Lastly, the removal of arrows has left a void, as I can't properly position my players in a lot of different formations, because of the inflexible tactical system.

Let me just clarify that i enjoy both 08 and 09 by the way, despite the many flaws and poor design choices.

i believe this forthcomming patch with be the decider for me, think the whole steam/activation thing ect (i wont go into detail as their must be nearly a million threads on the matter) if the bugs,glitches and transfers ect are perfected, then i think it will be 09 for me, although i loved 08. but i will be one unhappy customer if its not sorted and im s0o scunnered that if its not to a great standard, il maybe put an end to my ties as a loyal custumer of si.

Archived