FM2010 - Idea?

Hi

Been thinking about what i would like to see more of in FM and for the next version i feel a key introduction would be more day-day planning of the club, i.e what days/times your players are due in for training, what training to do, day/time to meet for away match travel (day before/day of game).

Work on shape in training and introduce for matches (even more important for smaller teams going to old trafford etc) where you may want to play defensively to gain a point etc.

Basically my point is to have a more hands on feel to FM and i feel if these small things can be introduced it will have more feel your club/team.

Would be interesting to know any views on this

I can't see any real benefit of being able to tell your team when to meet up or when to come in for training. Do you enivisage it having an effect on anything in game? I just feel that if there is no tangible effect then it is just a cosmetic feature and development time would be better spent elsewhere.

i dont see how deciding on the time a player comes into train affects anything. start at 10am or start at 11am. no real difference.

we previously ahd the option of actually choosing what each training regime consisted of but it was rightly simplified due to people not really understanding it.

working on shape in training is surely tactics?

Hi

Been thinking about what i would like to see more of in FM and for the next version i feel a key introduction would be more day-day planning of the club, i.e what days/times your players are due in for training, what training to do, day/time to meet for away match travel (day before/day of game).

Work on shape in training and introduce for matches (even more important for smaller teams going to old trafford etc) where you may want to play defensively to gain a point etc.

Basically my point is to have a more hands on feel to FM and i feel if these small things can be introduced it will have more feel your club/team.

Would be interesting to know any views on this

Hello, first post :)

I think you have a few good ideas, a similar idea I think would be good is if there was the ability to control the players' diets, or consult a dietician regarding what the players eat. I know lots of modern-day managers do this - no pie and chips these days!

Hello, first post :)

I think you have a few good ideas, a similar idea I think would be good is if there was the ability to control the players' diets, or consult a dietician regarding what the players eat. I know lots of modern-day managers do this - no pie and chips these days!

when juande ramos was tottenham manager he had all the players eating this scientific food, and they played terrible, harry redknapp came in and give them the ketchup back and they started winning so this could have an affect.

when juande ramos was tottenham manager he had all the players eating this scientific food, and they played terrible, harry redknapp came in and give them the ketchup back and they started winning so this could have an affect.

Three cheers for Mr Redknapp and his amazing ketchup! Horaa!

I think this definitely needs adding to the game! Ketchup is part of every Premiership managers regime and is the cornerstone of every successful European club, ... isn't it?

Three cheers for Mr Redknapp and his amazing ketchup! Horaa!

I think this definitely needs adding to the game! Ketchup is part of every Premiership managers regime and is the cornerstone of every successful European club, ... isn't it?

I think you are getting European Football clubs and sausage sarnies mixed up. Nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to the best of us.

The game it such (i feel) dont need any more new features, just the ones that they have need to be expanded. Like more choices for team talks, more different questions and responses in press conferences, cos I know how they run off by heart now.

Although I have thought about kit style changes, not neccessarily the manager choosing the style but they could change. Or perhaps talking to players during the game via the players motivation screen.

But I like the game, all its previous ones.

The game it such (i feel) dont need any more new features, just the ones that they have need to be expanded. Like more choices for team talks, more different questions and responses in press conferences, cos I know how they run off by heart now.

Although I have thought about kit style changes, not neccessarily the manager choosing the style but they could change. Or perhaps talking to players during the game via the players motivation screen.

Spot on. Hope SI take heed.

what about team travelling? meaning, for example for continental/intercontinental games the team usually flyes out to the destination a few days in advance, stay in a hotel and train in a foreign enviroment. I don't really know what kinda additions, be it practical or just cosmethic ones, i'm looking for here (that's what the game developers get paid for), but something, in real life it makes a big difference with all the preparations and everything if you're just playing across the city, or across the continent.

Personally I think the aspect that needs cleaning up most are training camps. They are normally a huge part of pre season domestic training and also pre tournament international preparation. I definetely think they're introduction would add an extra dimension to training.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see more interaction with others. I'm specificly thinking chairmen of other clubs. In my game I got rumoured to go to Chelsea, and I think it'd be pretty cool if there was a chance (if they actually wanted me) to invite me out to look at the club and told you ambition, budget, stuff like that, before they offered you a contract

yeh definatley good changes. some things (such as time to turn up for training, players' diet) you have to assume are automatically done, however these things are realistic changes. thumbs up:thup:

also an extra idea would be to choose your away kit, as most vary season to season

whilst were on new ideas, i think more player interaction could be beneficial e.g.

when trying to sign a player, tell them what you would offer them before you make a bid, possibly to tempt them to request a transfer, as currently even if you unsettle a player, they are still hard to get at a knock down price as they dont request a transfer.

also, if a player is concerned with your managing(doesnt like the way you talk to themetc), you should be able to talk to them and say "like it or lump it" or if your feeling nice you could ask them how they would like to be spoke to

what d oyou reckon?

Archived