FM 09 Failed!

Hello all, im new to this forum and i understand that members already dont like people asking questions thats already been answered, well i have looked through as many posts and threads to see if my problem has been mentioned and i cant seem to see it so please forgive me if its already been answered!.

The problem i am having is that i am downlaoding the demo and everything runs fine and the download is complete then it opens a directX box saying that i need to download that so i do then thats where it all falls apart! it says that theres an error and that its failed i have tried this around 5 times with different download links and it says the same and is so frustratiing as all i want to do is play the game!!.

I hope that someone can help me fix this problem sometime soon,

Much appreciated.

CPESNELL

No harm done we all make mistakes!.

I cant remember all of the message but basically it was saying after i clicked install directX that "error has occured try downloading again"! and i have downloaded different links for the demo from different sites around 5 times and its very frustrating.

Right people i have attempted to download the demo AGAIN after i installed the latest directX and i am still having the same problems but with this time i have managed to write down what it says the problem is:

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded. :confused: Does anyone know what this is about?

Much appreciated.

Right people i have attempted to download the demo AGAIN after i installed the latest directX and i am still having the same problems but with this time i have managed to write down what it says the problem is:

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded. :confused: Does anyone know what this is about?

Much appreciated.

Whilst I am no expert it seems you are having a problem with Microsoft .NET framework. I am guessing you can try and repair/update this via Windows Update. That may solve your problem.

Just go to Windows Update in Tools in Internet Explorer.

I searched for Microsoft .NET on the SI troubleshooting database and got the following:

TROUBLESHOOT: Installer "Internal Error 2908"

Is that the error you got?

I'm definitely not suggesting you do what it says but it would definitely be worth your while heading on over to the Support forums and posting your problems there. You may find something about what I linked from the support database. There will be people there that can probably help you in an instant, and they'd be 50 times more reliable than me.

please note that whilst the update will allow many people with below minimum spec machines / graphics cards who had problems with the demo to get the game up and running, some below-spec graphics cards may require the directx 9.0 sdk is installed to run the game. This can be downloaded from the following url: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493f76a-6d37-478d-ba17-28b1cca4865a&displaylang=en

Did you try this ^

Also the message you are getting is referring to .net, see if yopu have this installed.

Archived