Load all players from - Select League

Ok I have a question here, I play on large database.

Now I want regens from all countries or as many as possible, does this mean I should load up more leagues or load up more players? Or Both?

If you load all players from a nation, all the teams (non league teams too) would have their current(as of 2008 season start) roster. Just choosing the league will not ensure this (non league teams would be mostly filled with greyed up players).

The issue with choosing to load all players from a nation is that there will be more players from that nation present in the game, hence more players from the nation retire and the regens would be skewed towards the nation. If you want a no skewed regen pattern, don't load all players option for any nation. Just choose the leagues you want to run (but here the problem is that the non league clubs are not represented properly).

what do you mean skewed regen pattern?

regen players are those randomly generated by the game to replace players who are retiring from the game (and they generally have the same nationality as the retired players). If you choose to load all players from a nation say India, there will be loads of players from the nation in your save game (for example, there might have been 150-200 players from India in a regular game, but once you load all players, there might be 900-1000 players from the nation in the save). This will lead to more players of the nationality retiring and the game spawning more players from the nationality to replace them (and the regen players PA is not linked to retiring players and so there are chances of a few super star regens from the nation coming up too).

Other nations of similar stature, or even better stature would have lesser players (say Japan has 400 players in save) and the new regens would also be limited to this no:'s. So after some seasons (10-12 seasons) you will find that no: of regen players/quality of regens from the nation where all players are loaded as much higher.

regen players are those randomly generated by the game to replace players who are retiring from the game (and they generally have the same nationality as the retired players).

That's not true. This was the case in FM 06 iirc and it is not in FM 09.

That's not true. This was the case in FM 06 iirc and it is not in FM 09.

Its still the case. Not 100% retain similar nationality, but the overall ratio of players remain pretty much similar. I had loaded all players from Estonia (by mistake) in one of my games and by 15-16 season, they had become a pretty decent international side. The no: of players from a nation remains pretty much in the range of what you have when the game is started.

Its still the case. Not 100% retain similar nationality, but the overall ratio of players remain pretty much similar. I had loaded all players from Estonia (by mistake) in one of my games and by 15-16 season, they had become a pretty decent international side. The no: of players from a nation remains pretty much in the range of what you have when the game is started.

Loading all players from a nation does give them a better chance of becoming a better international team. That is true. But what is not true is that regens are generated when players retire. Players retiring have no effect on regens coming through iirc.

Loading all players from a nation does give them a better chance of becoming a better international team. That is true. But what is not true is that regens are generated when players retire. Players retiring have no effect on regens coming through iirc.

Note sure of this myself. But have noticed no major improvement of no: of players in the system. I felt that no: of players in the game as well as the ratio of players from a nation remained pretty much same as when the game starts. This must indicate regen pattern is linked to retirement pattern. Have not checked specifically till now though, its just just an observation I had. :D

Archived