Annoying ass manager game feedback

I play the same tactics over and over again, but sometimes....only sometimes I get from my ass manager that some players are not used to closing down opponents as much as they are today.... or u know other stuff that suggest that my players have been playing in a different way all the other games. Is there a solution for this??? Other than changing my tactic to accomodate the player??

That particular message is merely the game's way of telling you that this particular player is not 100% used to your tactical instructions at the moment. However nothing to worry about as if you continue playing him that way, he will get used to your team's playing style eventually.

If you strongly believe in your tactics, stick to it and let the player adapt.

If you think that this player is so talented that it is worth altering your tactics to suit his current preferences, then you could also do that.

It could have possibly been intentionally random? I am not too sure about that, but perhaps it was done to mix it up a little, rather than have your Assistant Manager give you the same hint/tip every game.

And to be honest, I basically ignore that section. I have a firm idea of how I want my players to play against various opposition and so I set my tactics and the OIs accordingly. I think it was added by SI to provide very basic hints of the viability of your tactics. If you know, through results, that your tactics are viable, you do not really need to refer to it.

Not original, but rather just the most basic of hints I think.

So it would be fair of the Assistant Manager to suggest you show strikers/midfielders onto their weaker feet to reduce the accuracy and effectiveness of passes/shots. As to whether you actually want your players to play in that manner, it is entirely up to the situation and you I feel.

It is certainly not meant to be a "follow Assistant Manager's tips, get a win all the time" approach I think. :)

I agree with GB68. Some of the assman advice is drearily predictable; I always show strikers onto their weaker feet anyway, the ones about 'Player X is used to closing down more, or 'Player Y is used to a more direct game' are helpful. I tweak the individual settings at half-time and usually to good effect.

Why does the assman sometimes recommend such a tweak and other times not? I guess it depends on how the opposition are playing.

well if they are trying to give me original hints then they should try having my assistant tell me to show a player to a foot that it is not the weaker. I wonder why they even have show to right/left foot!! :p

If your up against say a right footed winger you would asume that showing him on to his left would be the right thing to do.

But if he cant cross a ball and instead cuts inside your fullback and makes killer through balls or runs into the box then showing him onto his right might be the better option ;)

You also need to consider your ass man's stats - judging ability, tactical knowledge, determination and adaptability would surely all play a role in creating the in-game advice. I mean there must be a difference between the quality of advice given by an ass man at a top Premier side and an unkonown inexperinced ass man at a BSN/S side.

Archived