New Players Adapting/Team Gelling

Something I've always wondered about is new players and how they adapt/gell into the team. I'm one of those managers who likes to clear out most of the first team when I take over and buy in as many quality new players as money will allow.

First of all, if I sign a bunch of new players, will the team definately need time to gell or is there any chance that they'd just work well together from the off?

Second of all, does anyone know how the length of time it takes a team to gell is determined and whether there is anything that can be done to speed this process up?

Finally, what about new players at the club that were signed IRL by the previous real manager that I have replaced. ie as manager of Newcastle at the beginning of the game, will the likes of Collocini and Jonas need time to adapt and gell with the team too or does the game not treat them the same as new signings I have made because they were with the club at the start of the game?

collocini and co will be treated that they are signed in the same transfer window as the rest of your new players. I often find that it has adverse effects buying too many players (10+) in one window but if they are good enough, then in the long term it will only be benefiit. It takes the best part of a year for all your signings to gell, with foreginers taking longers with lower adaptabilty ratings. In amongst that your getting more players in the next windows.

Basicallly, it is never ending so i choose not to pay too much attentiion to it.

Archived