clubs merging

It would only be with the smallest clubs who are in financial trouble. I'm thinking of the Solihull borough/ moor green -> solihull moors, daggenham & redbridge, and there have been suggestions of Redditch United merging with Bromsgrove Rovers (from local press) but no big clubs would really dream of merging.

I don't know if this should be included in the game as for example how would you feel if you club merged with your fierce rivals in the game? Most people would not be very impressed I would say.

Besides that it is possibly quite difficult to implement as the game would have to maintain the right amount of teams in each division so coding this in would probably be tricky.

imagine if ac milan and inter milan joined together...super team !

It would be Inter Milan with the AC boys sold to balance the books;)

Couldn't really be put in the game, might be some legal issues as clubs/leagues have allowed their names to be in the game, thus why teams that go into administration never go out of business completely.

Completely agree. However, female managers don't happen very often ( i am aware that there is a few) but they're implemented.

They are only implemented for the user to be referred to she and her though so that is slightly different in my opinion.

I mean how many girls are going to buy it now that u can have a female manager, who previously wouldn't because it was only men?

I don't know. Ask them. :p

Most of the female players on here seem very happy with the inclusion of this feature though.

ok fair enough

Just imagine the threads in October if this was in FM10.

"OMG Chelsea merged with Zvezda Irkutsk and now I'm managing in the Russian Second Division! Sort it out SI!"

And i'd have thought SI wouldn't be that stupid - ie. merging teams in close locality in same or similar division

I'd personally love to see it- anything that adds to the variety of long term games (ie stadium moves) would be great, as long as its used sparingly. It definitely happens in the lower leagues, and its highly unlikely that every club present atm irl would exist in its current state 20 years from now, just as its unlikely that they'd all be playing at their current stadiums. Whether its feasible programming wise is a different matter....

It would be Inter Milan with the AC boys sold to balance the books;)

Couldn't really be put in the game, might be some legal issues as clubs/leagues have allowed their names to be in the game, thus why teams that go into administration never go out of business completely.

As has been mentioned already, whether it'd be a good feature or not, there would both be coding as well as more importantly LEGAL issues.

There are no legal issues. Why, there are leagues in the game that arent licensed..like the EPL.

Yep, legal issues r us, me thinks

If clubs can't disappear on the game due to legal restraints, they certainly won't be allowed to merge. They will simply go into adminitrastion, get docked points, get relegated, lose all their players, get relegated again ..... repeat until lower than BSN/BSS and end up being a non-entity.

I think the teams nickisok was referring to are Roda JC and Fortuna Sittard. They are quite big clubs.

Fortuna Sittard a big club? Not for a long time.

As has been mentioned already, whether it'd be a good feature or not, there would both be coding as well as more importantly LEGAL issues.

Agree with 4457 here, and honestly how often does this really happen on the professional and semi professional level. For the maybe 4 times it happens in Europe (just a guess) I don't see the need to implement this in FM

it doesnt happen a lot? just look for example at the dutch clubs trying to merge right now, roda jc and fortuna sittard.

roda jc: was founded as a merge between roda sport and rapid jc. roda sport was founded by a merge between "kerkrade" and "bleijerheide". rapid jc was founded by a merge between rapid 54 and juliana.

fortuna: from "sittardia" and "fortuna 54"

as you can see these are just two present-day clubs. so it is safe to assume that it happens all the time

(other example: stormvogels telstar)

I don't understand the legalities of all this...how is it illegal to suggest that two smallish clubs will merge sometime in the future in a fictional game world? Is it illegal to write a fantasy book and suggest that in the year 2090 there will be an entirely fictional 'London Utd' team?

I don't understand the legalities of all this...how is it illegal to suggest that two smallish clubs will merge sometime in the future in a fictional game world? Is it illegal to write a fantasy book and suggest that in the year 2090 there will be an entirely fictional 'London Utd' team?

Because the game is supposed to be 'as real as possible'.

It's not really fiction as you say.

Archived