pomp and pageantry in fm

i think there was a thread on a similar theme some time ago, but i cant find it. im looking to get fm2009 after the third patch, and i havent played since fm2005. i enjoyed fm 2005 loads, but one thing that struck me, and has to be fair in all football management games ive played, is that theres an anticlimax when you win things or after big matches. theres a great sense of accomplishment say after winning a final, but then its just the next day apart from a newspaper report. has this changed / got better since fm2005? i assumed it hadnt because of the other thread. maybe there could be cut scenes, or more evidence from fans opinion or media etc that somethings happened, the more the achievements the greater. opinions?

I love telling my players to congratulate and enjoy the moment basically after a CL Final or possibly after winning the F.A.Cup (I manage more in England than anywhere else) 'cos it tends to be the final game of the season so the players would have pretty much 3 months to recover and get back down to earth after winning it before the following season starts

There isn't nearly enough reward for doing well in the game. Apart from a couple of mailbox news stories there's nothing else that goes on following a big win.

It reminds me of the old computer game called Syndicate. It took me about 9 months to complete and when I did it said "Well done, you have completed Syndicate" then went to the menu screen. I was not impressed.

Archived