Just got the game

i rushed into town this morining got my double sausage and egg meal from mcdonalds and went to game to buy fmh2008.

first impressions,the new skin is too bright for me so i have had to change back to flexion.same countries available to play,which is disappointing,the resereve feature,which i was really looking foward to is a bit of a l;et down as only your team has a reserve team and the reserve players are not real or available,the player interaction is very basic,something that im sure will improve in later versions,the feature to edit formations is a good improvement,but the game as a whole just dosent seem to have improved enough,which football manager has been guilty of in the past few years,especially with the handheld series.

its just like all the effort has been put into the pc version (which i also own) over the years and not enough into the handhled series.

i had been looking forward to this for months but overall its a little disappointing. 6/10

i rushed into town this morining got my double sausage and egg meal from mcdonalds and went to game to buy fmh2008.

first impressions,the new skin is too bright for me so i have had to change back to flexion.same countries available to play,which is disappointing,the resereve feature,which i was really looking foward to is a bit of a l;et down as only your team has a reserve team and the reserve players are not real or available,the player interaction is very basic,something that im sure will improve in later versions,the feature to edit formations is a good improvement,but the game as a whole just dosent seem to have improved enough,which football manager has been guilty of in the past few years,especially with the handheld series.

its just like all the effort has been put into the pc version (which i also own) over the years and not enough into the handhled series.

i had been looking forward to this for months but overall its a little disappointing. 6/10

saying this football manager has always been the best £30 i spend on a game and i will play this everyday until the new on ecomes out.thanks to all the people involved in making it.sorry if i come across a bit ungrateful its just £30 is £30 and i would have liked to see more in the game.but thanks anyway

I agree with what you say and there is not much of an improvement on 2007. i would have liked to see reserve game so you can see which reserve players deserve a run in the 1st team. something else that annoys me is that you cant see your match attendances and club finances. its definatly worth buying just for database updates and the new tactics feature. 30 pound? you wer robbed, its 24 in morrisons

it is always cheaper in supermarkets but places like game are more likely to have it in stock and i didnt want to be disappointed.i agree with you about the attendences its something i have been asking for for 11 months but no one from SI seems to take just 10 or 15 people into consideration it has to be more or less everyone (i.e reserve teams) im sure more people wanted attendences but SI havent put it in.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">something else that annoys me is that you cant see your match attendances and club finances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest these are left out simply because you have no control over them really and they take a fair amount of 'grunt*' to process for all the clubs in the game.

Its important imho to evolve the handheld game at a steady pace - the worst thing we could do is flood it with features and leave it feeling slow and clunky ... yes its not as complicated as the PC version, but thats intentional and preserving that 'pick up and play' nature of FMH is vital to retaining its 'fun' imho.

(*bear in mind on the PC game for attendances we do distance projections to ascertain the likelihood of local fans travelling to away games and also how many neutrals will attend each match etc., for finances we have interest calculations, projections all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff which gives nice graphs but others you can't really interact with)

Archived