For duck sake SI, why wasn't this fixed

Lork

Must be the most annoying thing in the game, when you're making your third substitution and someone goes off injured, you can't stop your substitution and you're down to 10 men. The same thing happened in 08 so why wasn't it fixed? Can't believe something so obvious could slip by...

Surely it makes sense? If you make all your subs then the AI will tackle harder etc to get you down to 10 men. Its called tactics!

No, no you have misunderstood - what Lork is talking about is when in the process of making a change but the change hasn't taken place and then an injury happens and the sub occurs after it says 'making changes.' I agree with Lork - a real manager would not make that particular third sub if someone was about to come on and then the injury occured - they would sub off the injured person

I agree you should be able to change your mind right up until the point he actually walks on the pitch. No real manager would chose a sub to come on, all warmed up ready to go, then see a different guy to the person he was going to take off break his leg and not change the substitute at the last second. Its obvious that he would quickly switch his plans to ensure he has 11 men on the pitch.

Yes, it has happened several times to me. i make a sub and press confirm - if a player gets injured before the sub is processed the game goes back to the tactics screen and asks again to confirm the change - if you cancel the change you will get the sub back and be able to pull out the injured player.

Isn't this what the OP was talking about?

It's very subtle tho, and you might not be realizing and pressing "confirm" again...

In this kind of scenario I've actually managed to make four substitutions, once.

I had the 3rd player about to come on, then while in the "making changes" phase a player got a serious injury and the game jumped straight to the tactics screen. Now for some reason the undo last button was still active so I undid that third substitution and put on a player for the injured instead.

Okay that was odd I though. I can't recall that ever happening before, nor has it happened since, but it was an important game, a cup semi final against rivals, so I just thanked the virtual soccer Gods for being as kind with my virtual team as the real soccer Gods were with the real team (who won the league).

I did not really connect what just happened with bugs in the matrix at first. It seemed logical that I could change the substitution like this, and for a slight moment I simply thought SI had put in another function like the OP here requests. That was until the next time the ball was out of play. To my surprise the game then went ahead with my original third substitution, which means I was allowed to make a fourth substitution.

Now of course it goes with that story that the 4th substitute came on to score the winning goal. Not unexpected since it was why I wanted to put him on in the first place, but with him being the illegal man so to speak, I wasn't sure if I were to laugh of the irony, timing and luck and then proceed to virtually moon the rival fans (it's a thing within their club), or if I should sneak out the back door in shame and hide form the press and instead send my assistant to tackle the tough questions surly to come. But of course it's doubtful SI or anyone could predict such a rare and random bug like this, so naturally there was no media event in the game that could corner me on my illegal tactics. Phew... :)

It was nice to get away with it that time. But yeah a fix would be nicer as I would rather not be forced to have faith in luck and/or the grace of virtual soccer Gods.

Archived