Ass. Man. telling me that i should play more direct football.

Anyone else get this every game from their ass. man.? It really gets on my nerves, I understand if im winning going into the end of a game it makes sense to play more direct to counter the other team but no matter what the score is, who i'm playing or what players and formation I use he always tells me direct is better, yes I can easily just ignore him but why does he tell me this is going to more effective every game?

I know that a study did in the 1960s suggested very few moves last more than 4 or so passes, maybe he just uses that. I've come across this as well, although he might have a case if it's in the lower leagues, as both defending and passing are awful with lower league players.

Is it his preferred style of play? if so I'd just sack him and hire someone who likes to play a more passing style.

Normally I just completely ignore my ass. man anyway. I have no interest in anything he could possibly have to say especially since, as you say, all they ever do is repeat themselves.

It's not his preffered style, his playing mentality is normal and coaching style is general and it's not in the lower leagues because I manage Spurs. The only time i've ever seen him say play shorter passes is when someone has been sent off but even then he contradicted himself by saying a direct style would be more effective. I just find it unrealistic as it's as though the game is telling you that playing direct is the only way to play football (which appears true based on the current ME).

Kickballz: I wish I could sack him but his contract seems to run forever and every time I try to the board block it as it would cost to much money in compensation so i'm stuck with him for another 2 seasons.

Have you tried following his advice and seeing if your results improve? Just possibly the technical quality of your squad requires you play that way.

Certainly, the advice about gaps between defence/midfield/attack accurately reflects the team's mentality settings need tweaking, so maybe he's onto something. Just a thought.

I can't see how it can be that my players can't play a shorter passing style as I have players such as Modric, Pandev, and Aguero in my attack who are more than capable of playing that way. When I first got the game I found his help on my players mentality extremely helpful and have seen my team playing better since i understood what it meant but I find that he always wants to play direct very annoying.

I've ignored him and listened to him at various points throughtout the season but can't say I seen a marked improvement in my performances when I went more direct.

Archived