Starting League

Hello everyone,

just wondering how other people start their games, do you prefer to start in a smaller forigen league and make a name for your self then move to one of the bigger leagues? or do you prefer to start with a small team but in a big league? maybe even national sides first? Also which continent outside of europe do you enjoy playing in?

I generally just like a challenge and personally I never really manage abroad. I only ever really choose England, Scotland, Spain or Italy to manage in but very rarely the latter two. I like to turn a club who are struggling in the lower leagues in England e.g Leeds, Nottm Forest back into a top club again. I'm sure you'll get alot of mixed responses from this thread :)

I generally start games differently depending on what kind of mood I am in. :D I have games where I just manage Man United, ones where I start at the bottom and work my way up and games where try to travel all over the world and manage in the top divisions. The latter one is the one I am on now. :)

I generally start games differently depending on what kind of mood I am in. :D I have games where I just manage Man United, ones where I start at the bottom and work my way up and games where try to travel all over the world and manage in the top divisions. The latter one is the one I am on now. :)

That has inspired me to start being abit more adventurous in my future FM careers as I too often just automatically choose England as my country of choice. I'm getting lazy when it comes to choosing a career to start with and I always just fall into the same old English team career.

Note to self - Must do better! ;)

That has inspired me to start being abit more adventurous in my future FM careers as I too often just automatically choose England as my country of choice. I'm getting lazy when it comes to choosing a career to start with and I always just fall into the same old English team career.

Note to self - Must do better! ;)

Glad my post has inspired you. :D

I can only do the latter now as on my old laptop, I could barely run 1 league, let alone many from all over the world.

I started unemployed but left every english league available, started as Farsley Celtic, a bunch of misfits that were expected to get promotion, and i got sacked. Then ended up at HAmpton and Richmond, signed a load of league 2 quality players, in 2nd place then game save coruupted.

When I've got bored of lower league rising to stardom, I might play with my team Aston Villa, but I want a challenge

How often do you switch clubs?

When i start off at a lower team i useuall spend between a season or two at a team then move on to a better one until i get somewhere i like, does anyone else do this or do you stick with one till you get a big move?

Archived