stadiums

Does anyone know whats happening with the way stadiums will look? are there any plans to expand on what we have at the moment?

It seems that where we stand now most clubs getting over 3k or so spectators have a generic "bowl" type stadium and below that are the 4 2 teir stands and 4 single teir stands.

Crowd noise too seems to virtually nothing below 1k and pretty noisy above 1k.

Would be great for immersion in the game if these stands actually had people in somewhere in relation to the actual attendance - same with crowd noise.

Anyway if anyone knows please post!

I sometimes think people underestimate just what a big effort it would take to implement stadiums and crowd scenes realistically. If it could be done, I'd be for it, obviously. But, as I've said several times before, I've seen games with far better graphics than FM and their stadiums and crowd scenes are still crap.

yeah maybe itll be a gradual thing over the next feew releases. of course it isnt top priority but the general look of the stadium tie in roughly with the capacity would be great. at the moment my stadium holds 8k but has double tier stands all around. Just 1 single teir stand would be enough for a club with a 1-3k capacity. Anyway something for the future maybe!

i say do away with stadiums and have or some how use a picture as apposed to graphics which looks like a stadium that way it wont take up so much memory on the graphics side of thing's.

an indepth game such as FM is not a graphical based game, it's more data and statistic based game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
I think SI should not have even bothered with stadiums, it's impossible to replecate every stadium so its best not to have any. The crowd noise seems resonable this year.

That's something we talked about a lot so we went with putting them in but with an option to turn them off if you don't like them.

That's something we talked about a lot so we went with putting them in but with an option to turn them off if you don't like them.

Given that all stadiums must surely be known about, would it be that hard to create the basic image of each club's stadium, plus a few designs of your own for when clubs move? Or are there licensing issues I'm not seeing here?

Admittedly, the stadiums are quite poor. But on the other hand, if the database will increase with every release, a patch for "better" stadiums will let the database explode. As long as the graphics work, I'm pleased with the status quo.

Maybe it should be possible to model a stadium for random clubs by oneself, considering the stadium capacity at the club (a perfect double of the Old Trafford won't work for Oxford United).

I think there are quite a few free 3d graphic creators in the net, so the cost would be nothing for SI or the customers.

Take a look at Fifa or Pro Ev on the the PS3, the stadiums on those games still don't look really realistic and that is on a machine that is purpose built to play computer games on so I think it would be pretty pointless trying to put it into this game as it would most likely be cardboard men waving back and forth for fans.

Archived