Womens Leagues?

Should Womens Leagues be included?  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Should Womens Leagues be included?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Opinion

Nothing against the female players or league, but I don't think it would be a worthwhile addition. It would involve including a whole different set of players and would requier loads more added to the database, plus additional researchers for the female clubs.

I don't believe the game needs that, as the amount of people who would play a female league would be quite low I expect compared to the amount of extra work that would be required.

I'm against it, not because it's womens football but because it wouldn't add anything to the game.

If you add in I don't know the Nigerian mens league at least that adds a little something if you load it up but don't play there. You can at least buy players from those clubs, if the womens leagues are added they would have no interaction with all the other leagues in the game except maybe for their staff.

I once created a poll at university, giving questions with 'yes' and 'no' tick-boxes.

One girl added a hand-written 'Hell' to her ticked answer to one special question (Are you engaged? that was btw ;)).

I would have done that here if possible. :)

Why not? we have league load options the female leagues could be optional... I have to say I enjoy the odd game when it's on TV. Anyway, with WSM growing there needs to be something the Yanks can win at :p

Going to give you a serious answer.

Just look at the coders perspective. YOu would have to add leagues which are completely separated from the men's ones, thus you would have to code in that players cannot move from one league to another like now. I guess that would be a lot of hassle.

Then the simulation of women's football would have to be as different as their play is. Less athletic, more technical, way slower and no real killer instinct.

Also, SI would have to choose whether they would dare to have realistically low attributes for women (i.e. a PA of 100 equalling the female world footballer of the year - this is not even meant to be offensive, but even the best females would have difficulties in the men's Championship level as everyone agrees) or to have unrealistic high attributes to prevent being accused of discrimination. Or should attributes be high because they are relative. In that case (and actually anyway, see above) you would need to code a whole new ME for the women as the current one would lead to very unrealistic women's matches.

There could be the option to involve womens leagues when you start up a new game (Just like how many leagues you want to load, only a tickbox to include the womens league). This way you wouldn't be forced to load them, but you had the option if you want.

We already have female staff, so why not leagues\players?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! *reaches for kitchen cleaver......:mad:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Watching the Sweden-Germany WC final back in 03 I went mad as both teams had so many goal scoring opportunities just in the golden goal extra time that every male team would have scored 5 or both sides. 20 yards from goal, open way, yet they kept passing the ball around instead of just going into that gap with some venom and strike the ball in...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Watching the Sweden-Germany WC final back in 03 I went mad as both teams had so many goal scoring opportunities just in the golden goal extra time that every male team would have scored 5 or both sides. 20 yards from goal, open way, yet they kept passing the ball around instead of just going into that gap with some venom and strike the ball in...

Just like FM....:(

My own opinion is still that adding women's football would be a massive amount of work for very little reward.If women's popular was a lot more popular than yes but it is not and so there is no point in SI wasting time (which could be spent on improving other areas of the game/adding men's leagues). As has already been explained, adding a wome's league would be a lot more difficult than simply adding a men's league due to the style of play, difference in attributes etc..

Maybe as unplayable, or maybe as playable through team settings like you do with reserves and U18's, but I reckon I would enjoy it. FM started the move to gain more women (to play the game obviously ;) )this year with being able to be a female manager, perhaps next year or the year after they could introduce women's teams. They do get a bit of publicity on Sky Sports News, with the English women's and more recently the Scottish women's leagues getting on the league flicker thing on Sky Sports News.

Any thoughts on this?

No, it would require more coding and there arent many womens leagues professionally anyway. You also have to consider the fanbase for it, which to be honest is alot smaller than the mens football, in business sense it would simply take too much more time and cost abit of money (overtime, working etc). So therefore no.

There is absolutely no reason to waste money on a womens league. The number of people who would buy FM as a new customer or be an existing, more satisfied customer are so minimal that the time and money spent would be pointless.

This is a joke. Sorry.

I'm suprised there adding the Isthmian League, it sems very biased towards english football. I wouldn't mind but at the moment i think they should be looking to expand other countries leagues before adding more for England, for example Spain and Holland don't have many compared to England

Archived