Question regarding player potential

Something i have been curious for a while now, when a child is born they dont have a set potential they can only reach it all depends on their mentaility to succeed and their workrate right? i have players who i feel could be world beaters but just unfortunate they have a set ca so low they can only be good for championship level, they have sll the right mental / physical attributes and decent technique but no room to further improve, is this fair? how can this be fixed to allow youngsters like these to exceed their potential?

only rarely can you make a player exceed his potential but you have to b an amzing coach and he has to have the prefect mental attributes

but thats where "judging player potential" comes in, i just go for how high the potential is like i just unearthed this fkn amazing gem of a regen icon_smile.gif

joshua green GK

he's class

2015/2016

anyway i would just look at potential

Guest arrogantio

If mentality and work rate is all a player needs to be world beaters then the likes of the Nevilles and Nicky Butt would now be remembered as far greater players than George Best...

Originally posted by FMFanatic8080:

but the regen has a fixed PA how can they improve further, is not possible...

PA isn't everything. performances are what makes a player better. i thought henri lansbury had a massive PA the way he improved and performed, but i was shocked when i saw it was only PA 153! i don't think hes had a 6 match rating for a few years, assists galore, england caps before i took over at england, arsenal vice captain etc... i was playing him and tutoring him way before i checked PA, i probably wouldn't have done so if i knew his PA from the start.

not every club has the absolute best players coming through irl, but unless they nurture these players, they'd never reach their potential, no matter how far the player can improve.

but no, PA in fm cannot be changed. if a players stats improve with training etc, PA doesn't matter too much.

How do you judge a players potental? PA rating isn't everything, its how well the players attributes are distributed.

I think it would be possible to win the premiership with a team of players with a PA 150 or less, if they had the right spread of attributes.

Originally posted by arrogantio:

If mentality and work rate is all a player needs to be world beaters then the likes of the Nevilles and Nicky Butt would now be remembered as far greater players than George Best...

agreed. though people don't like to admint it, PA is a fact of life as well as the game - it's just that there is no genie scout or FMM in real life. So don't use them icon_razz.gif

Archived