small club question

is it possible for me to manage a scottish 3rd division team and make them a top quality side with attendances of about 60000? i want to know if this is possible without editing the team stats in the editor. so do teams stay as a small club or will they grow to be big teams if im good enough. i am asking this because when i was in the editor i seen that alot of the stats like attendance and hardcoe fans are very low. but will these get better when i do better?

Slowly, in my experience. Certainly in previous versions it was much easier but as recently as FM08 I managed Leeds United to beyond former glories up to 2024, won the CL a couple of times, the Prem a good half-dozen, and although they already have a 42,000 seat stadium i could never get this increased beyond 45,000.

With much smaller clubs you'd have to increase their standing enormously and hope for a wealthy takeover (likely) and for them to build a new stadium all together. And you'll probably get it named after you if you manage to get a small Scottish team to topple the Old Firm.

But with the smallest clubs I have also heard of people on the forums taking BSP clubs to the championship, having a rich takeover and getting sacked immediately because the board want a higher profile manager/new direction. So you need to be consistently successful if you get a takeover.

cool thats great. what ive done is swapped annan athletic with a scottish junior team called cambuslang rangers. im goin to try and take them to the scottish premier and hopefully win it. does anyone want to join me in an online game? if you join you woulkd have to be a scottish junior team and start in the 3rd division.

Archived