Manager/Coach Job Release Clause

When you offer a player a contract there is an option that says 'Manager/Coach Job release Clause'

I have never quite understood what this actually 100% means. Does this mean if he is offered a coaches or managers position at another club he can leave? or does it mean if the current manager or coach of the team leaves, then he can leave?

Why don't you have a nap like peter and ahmufcwafc mate, it's late in the morning for ya.

Can't even help people when it's nighttime in Canada, since you're still online. :p

You had plenty of time today. ;) Up until around 11pm over here, I was only on for about 2 hours today. :p Anyway you will be glad to know that I am off to bed now. :D

Has anyone ever actually had a player leave under such a condition?

Yes I had, in a previous version of FM. One of my players had qualified as a coach but was not undertaking any coaching role in my club. Another club offered him the job as their manager and he left for them.

I am yet to encounter a similar situation in FM 2009, mainly because I am not that far in my game to see any of my players have a staff profile too.

Archived